2008 LE Photos

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SilverGhost

2008 LE Photos

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:05 am

'08 Pics -

Forgot to mention earlier that the chrome shroud for the rear license plate lights now has a body color lower lip on it. Couldn't get any decent photos of the interior, due to the sun glare on the windows.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74502587@N ... 308172401/

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:07 am

Thanks for the Pics !! Hmm, not to into the changes , dont like the chrome and the wheels are funny looking ... May just be the pics, but are the insets a different color ?? Makes me happy to have my '06 !! IMO the '05-'07's just look cleaner ... Looks like they are just trying to add a bunch of Bling .....

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:45 pm

NAKA24DE wrote:Thanks for the Pics !! Hmm, not to into the changes , dont like the chrome and the wheels are funny looking ... May just be the pics, but are the insets a different color ?? Makes me happy to have my '06 !! IMO the '05-'07's just look cleaner ... Looks like they are just trying to add a bunch of Bling .....
I'm with you on the chrome. Although the wheels aren't all that bad looking, I still prefer the lighter solid paint color on the '05-'07's. Yes, the insets are a darker color . . . gun metal, like the roof rails and running boards.

The only thing I'm really sold on, besides the interior improvements, is that new grille. I think the larger center section and smaller nostrils makes the whole front end look less pinched.

LILMONEYMAN23

Postby LILMONEYMAN23 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:06 pm

IM JEALOUS!

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:21 pm

liars! 12-18mpg city and 18-26mpg hwy

i'd like to see the truck that got 26mpg....

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:22 am

SilverGhost wrote:
NAKA24DE wrote:Thanks for the Pics !! Hmm, not to into the changes , dont like the chrome and the wheels are funny looking ... May just be the pics, but are the insets a different color ?? Makes me happy to have my '06 !! IMO the '05-'07's just look cleaner ... Looks like they are just trying to add a bunch of Bling .....
I'm with you on the chrome. Although the wheels aren't all that bad looking, I still prefer the lighter solid paint color on the '05-'07's. Yes, the insets are a darker color . . . gun metal, like the roof rails and running boards.

The only thing I'm really sold on, besides the interior improvements, is that new grille. I think the larger center section and smaller nostrils makes the whole front end look less pinched.
Wheels would be better in a full machined finish , no gunmetal insets IMO .... as for the grille ... hard to tell , I guess Ill have to look at one in person ... My only issue with the grill has always been that HUGE Nissan emblem ... I dont like the "Billet" grille look, so thats not an option , I have been thinking of the "Black Chrome" emblem that Courtesy Nissan has , but not ready to spend the $60 they want for it .... kinda thinking of just painting it in black or a gunmetal ....

I kinda like the new SE V6 17" wheels .... Not to into the V8 wheels ... ( all the new '08's and pricing is on nissanusa.com now .... Man ... the prices went way up !!! SE V6 starting at $29,000 .....

Ahh , now I know why I dont like the LE V6 wheels ... the look just like the Ford Escape wheels .... painted up like that .....

Brit

2008 Pathfinder

Postby Brit » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Guys,

Looks like you're getting the same wheels as here in the UK. I only hope you've got more tyre choice over there than we have :(
Mine came with the stock Goodyear Wrangler HP 255/65x17" and that appears to be the only brand available in that size (over here at least).

I read that your also getting 'intelligent' keyless entry, it's great when you get used to it, though a bit strange at first, I kept leaving the fob in the car, in the centre console. Best leave it in your pocket !

SilverGhost

Re: 2008 Pathfinder

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Brit wrote:Looks like you're getting the same wheels as here in the UK. I only hope you've got more tyre choice over there than we have :(
Mine came with the stock Goodyear Wrangler HP 255/65x17" and that appears to be the only brand available in that size (over here at least).

I read that your also getting 'intelligent' keyless entry, it's great when you get used to it, though a bit strange at first, I kept leaving the fob in the car, in the centre console. Best leave it in your pocket !
Those 255's do suck. 265's are std LE rubber here.

Your wheels are stock '05-'07 LE here. The '08's are slightly darker, with much darker spoke insets.

Haven't heard anything about intelligent keyless entry. It wasn't listed on the window sticker for the '08 LE I saw. If you've got it, the Brits have one-upped the Yanks! :o

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:15 am

Brit wrote:Guys,

Be careful with that key they have found that a cell phone will kill the key if it's in the same pocket. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/24/keep ... an-i-keys/

Just a little tid bit.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:04 am

SilverGhost wrote: If you've got it, the Brits have one-upped the Yanks! :o
They also have cargo covers over there. Actually, everywhere except for here. And better body color options, IMO.

Brit

Postby Brit » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Makes a change for us to get something before you guys !! :lol:
Can't believe you don't get a cargo cover, that seems really mean. I must say though that your Bose stereo system puts ours to shame, no sub woofer or anything over here, just a six speaker Nissan system. Do you get the rear view camera ?
Thanks for the tip regarding key fobs and phones Boogyman, just had a read of the article in question. I'll keep 'em seperate from now on.
I'm hoping the growing popularity of Pathfinders and Navara's (not sure what your equivalent is) over here increases the tyre choice available as I had the same tyre's on a previous Discovery and wasn't impressed with them at all, would much prefer some BFG AT's or similar.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Brit wrote:Makes a change for us to get something before you guys !! :lol:
Can't believe you don't get a cargo cover, that seems really mean. I must say though that your Bose stereo system puts ours to shame, no sub woofer or anything over here, just a six speaker Nissan system. Do you get the rear view camera ?
Rear camera is new for '08 ....

What gets me , my '06 has all the mounting and indentions for the rear cargo cover , but no way to get one .... Not even as an accessory .....

Brit

Postby Brit » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:37 pm

Wow, we beat you to the camera as well.
Going back to cargo covers, they seem to appear quite regular on eBay over here for not very much money, don't know what shipping costs to the USA would be like.
The thing I'd really like are the underside protection plates for the fuel tank and sump but you can't get them over here, that sucks...

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:43 pm

SilverGhost wrote:Haven't heard anything about intelligent keyless entry. It wasn't listed on the window sticker for the '08 LE I saw. If you've got it, the Brits have one-upped the Yanks! :o
My bad . . . I just checked NissanUSA and learned that the Intelligent Remote is part of the NAV package (which I don't have). Please excuse the oversight!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:19 am

Brit wrote:Wow, we beat you to the camera as well.
Going back to cargo covers, they seem to appear quite regular on eBay over here for not very much money, don't know what shipping costs to the USA would be like.
The thing I'd really like are the underside protection plates for the fuel tank and sump but you can't get them over here, that sucks...
I had a number of emails with a dealer outside of London concerning the cargo covers. I sent him some hi resolution photos of the rear interior so that he could see if there would be some way to make the cargo covers in the UK work on the US models. No dice. We are missing the necessary hardware that creates the "shelf" for the cover to rest on. I also tried Germany and Australia, but still no luck. Seems like most of the Pathfinders are built in Spain and sent out from there.

You should be able to order the skid plates from one of the US dealers. I know they are very cheap.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”