This is not how it's supposed to be

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cbacarisse

This is not how it's supposed to be

Postby cbacarisse » Thu May 27, 2010 11:20 am

4500 miles on it and having to tow it to the dealership. It wouldn't start, it would turn over, but never would actually start.

I don't know if this pic will work, i'm posting it through my dropbox. Either way, it's a pic of it being towed away.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Thu May 27, 2010 11:29 am

Whoa! Big picture sorry.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu May 27, 2010 12:28 pm

:shock: very disappointing :(
i hope it's a minor problem, and solved pronto :)

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Thu May 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Nissan place just called and I quote "Mr. Bacarisse I'm confused, it starts just fine".

Would I have shot my whole day and called a tow truck on brand new truck if it started fine? Amazing.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu May 27, 2010 1:12 pm

cbacarisse wrote:Nissan place just called and I quote "Mr. Bacarisse I'm confused, it starts just fine".

Amazing.
During my many years as a service manager in the motorcycle industry, I've seen this happen many times.
Unfortunately, there may be no way to find out what kept it from starting for you.
Hopefully, they will check for any stored trouble codes and give it several test drives.
Be sure that everything is documented! :wink:
Did it go to the dealer that you bought it from?

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Thu May 27, 2010 1:30 pm

eieio wrote:
cbacarisse wrote:Nissan place just called and I quote "Mr. Bacarisse I'm confused, it starts just fine".

Amazing.
During my many years as a service manager in the motorcycle industry, I've seen this happen many times.
Unfortunately, there may be no way to find out what kept it from starting for you.
Hopefully, they will check for any stored trouble codes and give it several test drives.
Be sure that everything is documented! :wink:
Did it go to the dealer that you bought it from?
Yes, same dealer. It seems to be rough starting when it is cold. I told them to let it sit for a few hours or even overnight then try it. Once it starts it seems fine, i just couldn't get it started. Maybe the tow truck scared it straight.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Thu May 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Murphy's Law!!! hopefully it will act up on them, if not.. than I hope you will have no more troubles. Hard to tell what was wrong with it at that time you tried to start it up. Three things to fire the engine, air, fuel, spark..it could have been a bad connection and being towed it could have jarred somethingback to make a connection. Weird things happen at times to all of us.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu May 27, 2010 5:35 pm

I would clean and check the connections at the battery first. You may want to have the dealership check the battery too while it's there. Hopefully they shouldn't charge you for that.

The Pathfinder also does some funny stuff when the IPDM goes bad.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Thu May 27, 2010 7:05 pm

pawjr74 wrote:I would clean and check the connections at the battery first. You may want to have the dealership check the battery too while it's there. Hopefully they shouldn't charge you for that.

The Pathfinder also does some funny stuff when the IPDM goes bad.
What is the IPDM?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 pm

It's the Intelligent Power Distribution Module. It's part of the fuse block that tends to go bad in the Pathfinder. Mine went out at about 45k. My wife was driving down the road and the car shut off. It restarted a few minutes later and shut off again after about a mile. After that it wouldn't re-start.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:27 pm

I dont think its any thing major..Probably a loose battery terminal or the battery its self..Its too new for the IPDM to go bad just like that..

mar1
Sponsored Member

Re: This is not how it's supposed to be

Postby mar1 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:05 pm

cbacarisse wrote: It wouldn't start, it would turn over, but never would actually start.
im more inclined to think fuel issue than battery cause u say its actually turning over, but not starting.

if it was a battery, the ignition wouldnt even turn over, it would just do nothing but click. (from experience cause im on my third battery in 2 years)

it wont do that faint dying ignition sound like in the good old days :(

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Fri May 28, 2010 4:14 pm

I got it back today, but they never found an issue. They said as soon as they rolled it off the tow truck it started right up. I went by this morning to check on it and it started like it should.

They said they checked the error codes(there weren't any), the fuel system, battery, and electrical; everything checked out fine.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Fri May 28, 2010 4:44 pm

GHOST, GREMLINS, Time will tell if it happens again. :roll:

Tech

Postby Tech » Fri May 28, 2010 5:48 pm

should it ever happen again, tell them to; :"check the SRT status to see if, the ECM lost KAM" they'll know what that means.....checking for codes really doesn't mean much if no codes are present.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”