Replacing Bose headunit in 05 Pathfinder

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

LBC2005

Replacing Bose headunit in 05 Pathfinder

Postby LBC2005 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 am

I am going to be installing a Kenwood DDX514 HU in my 2005 Pathfinder with Bose. I was wondering who else has done this and what type of wiring harness/adapter they used.

I was looking at Crutchfield and it recommended I buy the PAC SOEM-4
Universal 4-channel line output converter. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SOEM4/P ... ml?tp=3486

I've also seen just standard wiring harness with RCAs to connect to the Bose amp. Can I just use something like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/Best-Kits-BHA7551-N ... 518ac20887

Like I said, wondering if the PAC was necessary and what others had used.

Buzz0515

Postby Buzz0515 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:23 am

If you don't mind, keep us updated with how the install goes.

I'm in the exact same position. I have an 05 with the Bose headunit that I'm looking to replace with a Kenwood DDX896 in the near future. I've come across both types of wire harnesses as well and I'm at a loss to know which one to use. Do you know if the Bose headunit even has RCA plugs in the rear to plug into?

Also, are you planning to use a PAC adapter to retain the factory steering wheel controls? I'm kind of on the fence about them cause it would be nice to have, but reviews I've read online are pretty mixed about the results.

tariqhu9

I had a kenwood ddx516

Postby tariqhu9 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:08 pm

and didn't like it. I switched to the pioneer avh4200. much better sound and other features I liked better. Anyway......

I got it both from crutchfield. the pac-soem4 is what I use. It was easy to connect. I also have the steering wheel adaptor, swi-ps. I was hesitant about this part because of delays that other users posted about, but I've not run into any issues with slowness or delays. works great.

though I installed the radio, I had a pro do the swi-ps and the rear cam. oh, the bose head unit doesn't have any rca jacks on the back.

LBC2005

Re: I had a kenwood ddx516

Postby LBC2005 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:30 am

tariqhu9 wrote:and didn't like it. I switched to the pioneer avh4200. much better sound and other features I liked better. Anyway......

I got it both from crutchfield. the pac-soem4 is what I use. It was easy to connect. I also have the steering wheel adaptor, swi-ps. I was hesitant about this part because of delays that other users posted about, but I've not run into any issues with slowness or delays. works great.

though I installed the radio, I had a pro do the swi-ps and the rear cam. oh, the bose head unit doesn't have any rca jacks on the back.
Thanks for the heads up. The HU and PAC adapter should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully I can have my install all done by Thursday, including headrest DVD players.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”