Buying a Pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

kdogdillon

Buying a Pathfinder

Postby kdogdillon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:31 pm

I know this thread has probably been covered several times but I cannot find anything. I am buying my first pathfinder. 06 LE 4x4 with 71,000 on it. Are there any major or minor mechanical or cosmetic issue I should look for? Are the 06's worse or better than the 07's? Anything will help! I am buying it tonight so speedy replys will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Buying from a Dealer? if so make sure it has been 100% serviced, all fluids, any recalls, TSB, brakes,tires, shocks, etc.. 06 is a good yr, if the vehicle has been well taken care of it should be ok.. Private party buy? do your homework.. kelly blue book.com for value check. have a mechanic lookk it over good befor you buy it.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 pm

I have an 06 SE just turned 80k, only problems Ive had so far is the belt tensioner, so I'll see what comes up next.

kdogdillon

Postby kdogdillon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks for the responses. I know about the standard things you look for in every used car you buy but I am asking Pathfinder specific. Electrical issues? Engine issues? Drive-train? Rattles? Anything that annoys Pathfinder owners. Any exterior issues?
Thanks.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:57 pm

I would personally get an extended warranty on it.

kdogdillon

Postby kdogdillon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks again! But do any of you have any worthwhile input on the PATHFINDER! I know the car cant be perfect. Is "get an extended warranty" the best you have? WTF?

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:31 pm

LMAO. I guess it is like this, your call, your decision.. look at the vehicle really well. we in here can only say so much man. personally I would say go find a 07-08 model with lwr miles. I guess I can say I am happy with my 2008 LE. and will not get ride of it, it went through 30" of fresh snow 2 yrs back, and put a big smile on my face. Rides nice, handles great. Looks Fabulous. I strongly feel the Pathfinder is one of the best looking SUV out there. :wink:

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:20 pm

kdogdillon wrote:Thanks again! But do any of you have any worthwhile input on the PATHFINDER! I know the car cant be perfect. Is "get an extended warranty" the best you have? WTF?
GOOGLE works :roll:

kdogdillon

Postby kdogdillon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:26 am

Google works? What the hell are these forums for than? You guys suck B@llz. The G35 forum is actually helpful. Peace to you wankers.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:31 am

kdogdillon wrote:Google works? What the hell are these forums for than? You guys suck B@llz. The G35 forum is actually helpful. Peace to you wankers.
I think what people are trying to say is that there really isn't anything on a visual inspection that you can differentiate from any other car. Look for paint issues/rust, check suspension, listen to engine, check oil quality, service records, check with insurance or carfax for write offs, etc etc. All of this should be standard stuff to check on any used vehicle.

A qualified mechanic will pick up (hopefully) on some of the deeper issues, and if you'd take any time whatsoever to read the forum, you'd see what those issues are, including Fuel Level Sensor, Timing chain hum, and contaminated trans fluid/junked trans due to failed oil cooler in the radiator to name a couple. Your decision to buy should be based on the sellers ability to resolve these issues, if they are indeed present on the vehicle you are looking at.

If you'd spend as much time reading as you did complaining, you'd know all that I just told you already. Also sounded like you've already made the decision to buy, so what would some rushed last minute comments do for you anyways? :roll:

Anyway, assuming you bought it, welcome to the forums, and hope to see you around. I have found that the information here far exceeds that of any other forum specific to Pathfinders, and the people here are very nice and knowledgeable when you don't ask like a dork. :)

t

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:54 am

kdogdillon wrote:Google works? What the hell are these forums for than? You guys suck B@llz. The G35 forum is actually helpful. Peace to you wankers.
:arrow: Kids, geesh! If ya don't like it,than get outa here. :lol:

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:13 am

kdogdillon wrote:Thanks again! But do any of you have any worthwhile input on the PATHFINDER! I know the car cant be perfect. Is "get an extended warranty" the best you have? WTF?
The reason I suggest that is because of the issues that I've had on mine. Between 40K and 65K miles I've had to have these items replaced
1. Fuel level sensor
2. IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module)
3. A/C high pressure line
4. Catalytic converter (This was covered under the emissions warranty)
5. Oil pressure sensor

FYI..None of the items gave any warning that they were failing they just went out. Most likely a pre-inspection wouldn't have caught these items.

The only item that was covered under the vehicle warranty was the catalytic converter. It was covered under the emissions warranty. The other items were not covered under the power train warranty but were covered by the extended warranty.

Most of them were at least a few hundred dollars each.

If your radiator were to fail and ruin your transmission it would be several thousand dollars.

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

KEVSTER wrote:
:arrow: Kids, geesh! If ya don't like it,than get outa here. :lol:
He's just too excited and hasn't had much sleep...he's buying a Pathfinder I have to fight with the wife just to drive mine er hers...

kdogdillon

Postby kdogdillon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Ladies,
I do appreciate that a few of you finally mentioned some issues that pertain to the pathfinder. That was exactly what I was looking for. Rad/Trans issue, fuel sensor etc. and no, I have not been getting much sleep. I just got a puppy (which is why im replacing my wifes Sub STI with a SUV) and he likes to wake me up 3 times a night to go outside. I have not purchased the 07/71,000 yet. I think im going to go with an SE with 35,000 instead, or maybe a murano for the gas mileage. What do you guys get in a 4x4 on the highway? Sorry to be such a dick but some people make comments on forums that are a little vegitableistic haha. Sorry for the bushism. Peace out.
Keith (the 13 yo crybaby)

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:36 pm

kdogdillon wrote:Ladies,
I do appreciate that a few of you finally mentioned some issues that pertain to the pathfinder. That was exactly what I was looking for. Rad/Trans issue, fuel sensor etc. and no, I have not been getting much sleep. I just got a puppy (which is why im replacing my wifes Sub STI with a SUV) and he likes to wake me up 3 times a night to go outside. I have not purchased the 07/71,000 yet. I think im going to go with an SE with 35,000 instead, or maybe a murano for the gas mileage. What do you guys get in a 4x4 on the highway? Sorry to be such a dick but some people make comments on forums that are a little vegitableistic haha. Sorry for the bushism. Peace out.
Keith (the 13 yo crybaby)
is this what is known as a "bandwidth shortage" problem? :roll:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”