Getting my RadFlo's soon ;) - NOW INSTALLED

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

dieselfan

Getting my RadFlo's soon ;) - NOW INSTALLED

Postby dieselfan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:22 pm

So on Friday my order was confirmed and they are currently (I'm told) manufacturing the rear shocks shipping out this week friday :P, the front shocks and coils are already in stock.

Airlift order was placed today.

An early thanks to rragpaoa for his most helpful locked and loaded thread.

I've never modded any of my cars or 4x4's so for me this is a big step and says hw much I trust the reliability and ability of the Pathfinder to perform offroad on trails and overlanding for great SAFE family holidays.

Now I just hope they arrive in time for my trip to Namaqualand and the Richtersveld in SA...

Here's some pics

Namaqualand
http://www.google.co.za/images?q=namakw ... 80&bih=923

And Richters...
http://www.google.co.za/images?um=1&hl= ... =&gs_rfai=

Best time - I'm told is 15 Aug to 15 Sep our Spring.
Last edited by dieselfan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

rragpaoa

Re: Getting my RadFlo's soon ;)

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:17 pm

dieselfan wrote:So on Friday my order was confirmed and they are currently (I'm told) manufacturing the rear shocks shipping out this week friday :P, the front shocks and coils are already in stock.

Airlift order was placed today.

An early thanks to rragpaoa for his most helpful locked and loaded thread.
Great News!

What did you end up ordering? Regular or Extended front coilovers? Coil springs weights? Aftermarket UCA? Rear remote reservoir or emulsion? Gotta know, gotta know.
Make sure you take pics and report back when you take it off road with the new setup. Let's show what our Pathys can do off road with a few upgrades.

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:50 pm

congrast. 8)

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:56 am

Getting front norms, rear extended with reservoirs. OME's in the rear. Wife doesn't want 2" more like 1.5...just means I must buy bigger tyres 8) .

Pretty pricey so far tho $2500 ex fitment

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:13 pm

dieselfan wrote:Getting front norms, rear extended with reservoirs. OME's in the rear. Wife doesn't want 2" more like 1.5...just means I must buy bigger tyres 8) .

Pretty pricey so far tho $2500 ex fitment
The rear OME springs gave me 2 1/2 inches!

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:24 pm

pawjr74 wrote: The rear OME springs gave me 2 1/2 inches!
Which spring rate of OME springs did you use? I was thinking of replacing my rear Rancho spacers & springs with the heavier rate OME springs. But I need 2 1/2" to get it even with the front (like it is now).

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:04 am

Storm4.0 wrote:
pawjr74 wrote: The rear OME springs gave me 2 1/2 inches!
Which spring rate of OME springs did you use? I was thinking of replacing my rear Rancho spacers & springs with the heavier rate OME springs. But I need 2 1/2" to get it even with the front (like it is now).
Here is the thread on my build up.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3417

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Well, Radflos from the US arrived on Friday - day after my birthday ;). Picked up the OME cois today, heavy buggers. OME 609.s

Picking up the Radflo's tomorrow. Fitment hopefully on Wednesday. Roughly how many km's / miles do I need to ride BEFORE the coils will settle?

Only the Airlifts are taking their time...will be taking pics. Here's a picture of the caravan I'll be towing, whilst not any where as big as what you guys in the US tow, it's flippin heavy for it's size.

http://www.jurgenssafari.co.za/5.Xplorer+II.htm

Although ours weighs around 1440kg empty. 3200lbs.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:09 pm

dieselfan wrote:Well, Radflos from the US arrived on Friday - day after my birthday ;). Picked up the OME cois today, heavy buggers. OME 609.s

Picking up the Radflo's tomorrow. Fitment hopefully on Wednesday. Roughly how many km's / miles do I need to ride BEFORE the coils will settle?

Only the Airlifts are taking their time...will be taking pics. Here's a picture of the caravan I'll be towing, whilst not any where as big as what you guys in the US tow, it's flippin heavy for it's size.

http://www.jurgenssafari.co.za/5.Xplorer+II.htm

Although ours weighs around 1440kg empty. 3200lbs.
You may not even need the Airlifts after installing the rear OME springs.

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:37 pm

pawjr74 wrote:
Don't say that :shock: my wife will kill me...it will be Ironic that the whole suspension motivation was from my upcoming trip and towing that caravan...and started off with Airlift...and now I might not even receive them in time...

Ps how long on avg for coils to settle? I need to clock up those km's FAST. So I can do alignment before my trip.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:50 pm

dieselfan wrote:
pawjr74 wrote:
Don't say that :shock: my wife will kill me...it will be Ironic that the whole suspension motivation was from my upcoming trip and towing that caravan...and started off with Airlift...and now I might not even receive them in time...

Ps how long on avg for coils to settle? I need to clock up those km's FAST. So I can do alignment before my trip.
With mine about 1000 miles. They don't settle much. And the Airlifts would still help sagging when towing.

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:50 am

I am in the RV business and that is an awesome RV. I see that it has the company I work for's cooler box. ( the big gray thing on the slide out in front of the door). That thing is rough looking!!! Have fun!

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 am

jasunderland wrote:I am in the RV business and that is an awesome RV. I see that it has the company I work for's cooler box. ( the big gray thing on the slide out in front of the door). That thing is rough looking!!! Have fun!
Thats the fridge / freezer it's around 80l and cools to around 5F with an ambient of 111F. If I recall correctly it's an Engel, possible National Luna.

This caravan is a beast and SA's top selling. It's pricey though. We paid around 31000USD kitted. It's got 2xGas bottles, Jerries, Geyser the works. Sleeps 4.

I will set up the tents and then it doubles in size.

I've got my Radflo's installed

2" allround BEFORE settling :? infact to the mm.

Tackled a rough gravel road last night at around 75mph in 4x4HL. Handles considerably better. The stock shocks are tight and handle big bumps and potholes VERY well but the small sharp bumps are felt. With the Radflo's the smaller bumps seem sorted - no big pot holes yet.

Rear articulation has improved, Front only about 10mm - stock UCA's.

Later today I will be fitting the Caravan and see the amount of SAG.

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Some pics

The caravan was loaded to around 1500kg (3300lbs) this dropped the back around 2-3cm (0.8-1.2"). Airlifts should sort that out, but still felt good and tackled some STEEP offroad gradients with it later that night. Infact at one point my rear mudguards were only 4mm from being taken off - meaning I couldn't have climbed that embankment with my old stock setup, in low range 1st it just idled up with the load and no accelerator input. Leaving next week 8)

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 am

Hey dieselfan,

I've been on business travel the past week and a half. Great to see another Radflo install. Where did you install the rear reservoirs?

This is where I installed mine:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”