Creaking Noise from Front

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jebrown1

Creaking Noise from Front

Postby jebrown1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:02 am

I have recently purchased an 07 4X4 and I have started to notice a creaking noise from the front right side when making right hand turns. It doesn't occur all of the time mostly when making a right turn and changing elevation. Any thoughts on what could be causing the noise?

GbayPathfinder

Postby GbayPathfinder » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:36 am

I would check for play in the ball joints as when they start to wear out they begin to creak. They will not do it all the time.

pawjr74

Re: Creaking Noise from Front

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:14 am

jebrown1 wrote:I have recently purchased an 07 4X4 and I have started to notice a creaking noise from the front right side when making right hand turns. It doesn't occur all of the time mostly when making a right turn and changing elevation. Any thoughts on what could be causing the noise?
Mine had a noise like that. It would creak when turning into a driveway or going over a speed bump. It turned out being a body mount. Nissan replaced it since mine was still under warranty.

jebrown1

Postby jebrown1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks for the info. If it is the ball joints is that something that can be independently replaced or is it part of the control arm which has to be totally replaced.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:57 am

jebrown1 wrote:Thanks for the info. If it is the ball joints is that something that can be independently replaced or is it part of the control arm which has to be totally replaced.
Nissan sells it as a control arm assembly, but you can buy the BJs aftermarket and have them pressed in to the control arm if care is taken not to bend it.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”