OME Suspension Upgrade FINISHED

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:53 am

Well, I just picked up the PF with new sliders and boxes of OME suspension parts in the back. Now to find someone to install it, and also to find the time to do so. I'll start a new thread for the sliders once I've taken a few pictures of them. Very nice & incredibly thick.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:46 pm

NVSteve wrote: Now to find someone to install it, and also to find the time to do so.
If you weren't so far north of where I'll be in Sept I'd help you install the OME.

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:51 pm

blink32,

can you fix the pictures from page 1. I can't see them.

I am considering lifting my Pathfinder and like to consider the different kits out there.

thanks

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:09 pm

mtbpath wrote:blink32,

can you fix the pictures from page 1. I can't see them.

I am considering lifting my Pathfinder and like to consider the different kits out there.

thanks
+1. thank you.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:47 am

Hit up the pictures link in my SIG. If its not there this should work:
http://www.hesslercomputing.com/gallery ... p?cat_id=1

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:07 pm

So, after being rear ended less than a block away, I finally made it into a 4x4 shop and had my OME installed today. Looks pretty good. I expected more space under the wheel wells, but it came out just right, with little noticable rake. I only drove it home from there, on a combination of freeway & city streets, but I can honestly say that I don't notice much of a difference between the OME and stock. That's including some intentional circuit over speed bumps in a parking lot. I'll probably hit the dirt in a couple weeks to test it out. Overall, I'm really pleased. The ride feels the same & I finally have more clearance. I'll post up a picture or two when I get the chance. My thanks to you who were early adopters-those who took the time to post all the gritty details on the install and driving impressions.

These were done in haste, but here are some measurements:

stock:
driver front 34 5/8"
pass front 35"
driver rear 34 7/8"
pass rear 34 7/8"
bottom of hitch 19 3/8"

OME:
driver front 36 1/2"
pass front 36 5/8"
driver rear 36 1/2"
pass rear 36 1/2"
bottom of hitch 21 1/2"

Here's a before photo, courtesy of Rocky Road, from a very low vantage:

Here's one with the OME installed:
Last edited by NVSteve on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:08 pm

bringing this post back to the front because:

a) it has good info and pics

and

b) got my OME installed to day. went w/ medium duty front and back (would like to upgrade the front bumper eventually)

so far...truck stands and looks great (even w/ the stock 265/70r16 Long Trails....they are next to go).

drove a bit around vegas on my way back to work....handling is good so far (all city driving). feels kinda like i am driving my old F-150, but i think that is due to extra height rather than the ride. corners fine, even at speed...took some speed bumps kinda fast and whoa...instant difference (the med duty fronts might be a bit stiff w/o that bumper :wink: but time will tell).

can't wait to hit the dirt, but will have to play nice until i replace the tires (lotsa sharp pointy things out here)

**Oh yeah! got rid of one of my biggest complaints....the extra almost two inches of lift in the rear now allows the liftgate to go up higher than my head :D. hadn't cracked my head on it yet, but it was for sure going to happen. not now, and def not when i get a new set of tires (even if i decide to only go 265/75r16)

pics coming soon.

thanks to everyone who posted previously re: OME...helped steer me in the right direction (e.g., away from the quicklift), although w/ the bilsteins coming out there is soon to be another good choice.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm

With as much snow as we've been getting, I've been real tempted to toss in the towel and just drive over to Discount and pick up some new tires just for the hell of it (the rugged trails suck more and more each day). So, I hope you get your tires real soon, as you will be the only other one with the OME & 16" wheel combo.

PS-we need some pictures!
Last edited by NVSteve on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

socal4x

Postby socal4x » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:42 am

Yes, avoid Quicklift at all costs - ie, you will pay later by upgrading.

Soon to get my OME kit, went with the medium springs up front. Let us know how it works with the bumper, I was considering getting the HD springs for a planned bull bar in the future. Rocky Road told me that HD was the way to go with a bull bar/winch, may not be true.

Please post pics and install process/tips if you have that...

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:32 am

socal4x wrote: Rocky Road told me that HD was the way to go with a bull bar/winch, may not be true.
Essentially comes down to the combined weight of both. I trust RR as far as I can throw them.

guinnessjim

pic

Postby guinnessjim » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:09 pm

just snapped a quick shot in the parking lot at work. still running the stock SE wheels and tires.

based on the info i have gathered here, as much as i would love to throw some 285s on (they look awesome), i don't want to deal w/ the rubbing and potential jamming issues w/ clays and crud. will still look at them, just to see for myself but i feel a set of 265/75r16s in my future.

now if i can only decide what kind....

**edit**
installation tips: based on blinks experience and my lack of equipment here i had mine professionally installed
Last edited by guinnessjim on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USMCPathfinder

Postby USMCPathfinder » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Ordered the OME suspension lift with medium springs for front and back from rocky road outfitters. Was advised that there would be approximately two weeks before they can have it shipped out to me here in LA. Looking forward to getting the darn thing installed.
Blink, is there any way you can upload the pics again for your installation writeups so I can have visual references for what I can look forward to?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:40 am

Check the link in my Sig. There *should* be all the pictures you need in there. If not PM me and I'll upload them.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:52 am

I'll have to look at home. I believe I created a pdf from all the pages (at that time) in this thread, which would include Blink's photos. Actually, my backup external drive is here at work, so I'll connect it and see if I have it.

EDIT: I did have the pdf on my backup drive. I've uploaded it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/88126870/OM ... D.pdf.html

USMCPathfinder

Postby USMCPathfinder » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:00 am

Thanks guys. You're all rockstars!

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”