Windshield replacement

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Windshield replacement

Postby Gray » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:37 pm

Just wondering if any have had to replace the front windscreen and if any issues with that. Thanks.

Last edited by Gray on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Re: Replacing the front windshield

Postby Triffid » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:29 am

Greybrick wrote:Just wondering if any have had to replace the front windscreen and if any issues with that. Thanks.

We had a rock crack ours and it only took about 30 minutes to replace it... Have had no other problems........ Triffid

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:29 am

Thanks Triffid, this windshield took a serious rock hit the other day and I was thinking that it was change out time but so far it's stayed as about a 1/4 inch dot on the passenger side so I think I'll just leave it as is for the time being. Do any know if there is much difference between OEM and aftermarket windshield quality lately.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Just as an idea; replacing the PF window with a Lexan light weight windscreen replacement may be a way to shave another 20 lbs or so off of the PF truck weight. Not all Lexan panels are created the same though, some have an interior/exterior anti-scratch coating equal to glass.

I suppose replacing the two rear side windows and the rear panel with quality light Lexan would give another 50 pound or so weight saving as well. I'm thinking that if Lexan protection is good enough for our sons and daughters in the fields of war, then it might be good enough for us to pick up groceries.

YMMV

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”