Power window Anti-pinch reset

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Power window Anti-pinch reset

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:44 am

So I replaced my driver window switch saturday and after several tries got the anti-pinch function working properly. If this isn't working properly, when you use the auto-up it will reverse the window a few inches after it gets to the top. Here's the procedure I used to reset:

1. Disconnect/Reconnect switch harness.
2. Lower window without using auto down and keep holding switch for 3 seconds after window is lowered.
3. Raise window without using auto-up and keep holding switch for 3 seconds after window has raise.
4. Repeat steps 1&2.
5. After the second time raising the window, I could hear a clicking of some sort in the door and then I lowered/raised the window using auto up/down and everything worked fine. This worked several times so I assumed I was good.

Fast forward to this morning and now the anti-pinch is reversing the window again. This is only impacting the drivers window. The passenger window worked fine from the start as soon as the new switch was installed. I'm not sure if this function is programmed within the switch or the motor. I can hear the clicking which seems to come from the switch when it reverses. Anyway if anyone has any tips on resetting this I'd love to hear them. The service manual link from this site doesn't seem to work beyond the index pages anymore.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:12 am

There should be a reset button on the power window motor. Sometimes there's a round, black sticker over it. I can't remember if you hold the button and run the window down and release, or hold and run the window up and release. It's been awhile!

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Power window Anti-pinch reset

Postby eieio » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

skinny2 wrote: Fast forward to this morning and now the anti-pinch is reversing the window again. This is only impacting the drivers window. The passenger window worked fine from the start as soon as the new switch was installed. I'm not sure if this function is programmed within the switch or the motor. I can hear the clicking which seems to come from the switch when it reverses. Anyway if anyone has any tips on resetting this I'd love to hear them. The service manual link from this site doesn't seem to work beyond the index pages anymore.
possible defective new switch
BTW: link to service manual works fine (for me)
:)

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:38 pm

eieio wrote: BTW: link to service manual works fine (for me)
Huh. I'm using this link: http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51B/FWD.pdf and can't get anywhere beyond the quick link index pages. Tried two different pc's and an ipad for good measure. It's letting me click on the link for PWC but does nothing.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:44 pm

skinny2 wrote:
Huh. I'm using this link: http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51B/FWD.pdf and can't get anywhere beyond the quick link index pages. Tried two different pc's and an ipad for good measure. It's letting me click on the link for PWC but does nothing.
that's really weird because I was able to access the entire manual through the link in your post above :?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:38 pm

eieio wrote:
skinny2 wrote:
that's really weird because I was able to access the entire manual through the link in your post above :?
Got it to work. Had to dust off internet explorer.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:39 pm

smj999smj wrote:There should be a reset button on the power window motor. Sometimes there's a round, black sticker over it. I can't remember if you hold the button and run the window down and release, or hold and run the window up and release. It's been awhile!
I found the reset procedure although it says it's only necessary if the regulator, window, motor etc has been removed. I may try it anyway...but basically you start with window rolled all the way up, hold the reset button while rolling window down (not using auto-down). Release button. Raise window (not using auto-up function).

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 pm

i still suspect your new switch might be "funky"

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:18 pm

eieio wrote:i still suspect your new switch might be "funky"
Me too. I reset the motor per the manual and played around with it some more. I can get the anti-pinch/auto-up to work properly if I unplug the switch and plug it back in. But as soon as the ignition is cycled, it goes back to anti-pinch mode and rolls back down. Now the kicker...the power door locks stopped working unless the ignition is on. I've emailed the seller.

Return to “R51 Electrical”