Winter Comfort Questions

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

throttlefever

Winter Comfort Questions

Postby throttlefever » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Presently my Pathfinder does not have a remote car starter nor a block heater.
My question is I am thinking of installing a inline circulating heater, battery blanket and remote starter.

Question is which recommended remote starter to use on a 2009?
Question #2, from what I researched which location have memebers installed the heater (idealy lowest possible lovation)?

Gibb

Postby Gibb » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:58 pm

I have a remote starter from Compustar. I reccomend getting it professionally installed, but highly recommended.

I don't have a block heater. Unless you are living in extreme cold (North Dakota or Alaska type areas) I'd just go with the remote starter and let it run 15 minutes before driving.

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 pm

I have an audiovox 997c with a flashlogic bypass and carlink cell phone interface.

I can start the truck from my phone same with lock/unlock the doors and since the truck has the up/down window with lock cylinder fucntion (if you put the key in the lock and turn it one way the front two windows will drop, and the other way, they will go up.) The installer can grab those wires, and run them into the auxiliary channels of the remote starter. Using a pair of time delay relays, you can have them auto roll up.

This is a fairly straightforward install once the anti theft bypass is programmed. However, if you're not familiar with automotive electrical systems, I'd STRONGLY recommend going to a pro. As easy as these can be to install, when things go wrong, they can go REALLY wrong.

I'm all about doing things yourself, but have a pro do this one if you are not familiar with these.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”