The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
OBD II P0100 Mass or Volume Air FlowCkt Malfunction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thurlow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: OBD II P0100 Mass or Volume Air FlowCkt Malfunction Reply with quote

Re: 1998 PF. I have replaced the MAF sensor and it cleared the code for several weeks but now is back. This causes the engine to die unpredictably. Have another new sensor on the way but doubt this will solve the problem long term.

Have also relocated a new knock sensor and replaced the Evap Canister Purge Volume Control Solenoid Valve after blowing down the line and installing a fuel filter on the outlet of the Evap Canister (Stops those carbon particles).

The harness and three prong plug look good and clean.

Two questions: 1. Using a multimeter, what do I measure at the harness plug. 2. Is there something else in this circuit I can check?

Thanks for any suggestions.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You best bet would be to download a factory service manual, specifically the "EC" section, which will give you a diagnostic procedure for DTC P0100. You might be able to find it in the knowledge base at NissanHelp.com and Nico Club's website has manuals as well (you will need a program like WinZip to extract the files as the are in .rat format).
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Thurlow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: OBD II P0100 Mass Air Flow Ckt Malfunction Reply with quote

Thank you for the good advice and I will do that. However, a minor miracle has occurred or appears to have.

While fiddling around under the hood studying the situation I noted that the hose clamp holding the rubber boot to the intake manifold was way loose so the boot could move easily and was not snug. This would allow air leakage.

I tightened it up, reset the SEL and went for a spin. Miracle of miracles, no SEL and no engine hickups! It's only 30 miles so far but I'm hopeful.

I do recall reading on the forum that there must be no leaks in the air inlet system. It appears they are not fooling.

Regards to all: Bob (aka: Thurlow)
Thurlow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke too soon. While the CEL has cleared, she still dies intermittently. In fact, seems to be getting worse. Now looking at the distributor.

Looks like conventional wisdom says replace with OEM part even though pricier. Hard to believe a dist. can fail after only 130K miles. Some good advice on the web on how to test these beasts but I need a multimeter with hertz capability and something called an LED test light and an HEI spark tester. Hmm. Time to go shopping.

I may give in and just put in a new dist. I like this car (Pathfinder) and want it to run well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: