Cool PF forum

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Cool PF forum

Postby Gray » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:01 am

Fairly uncommon in the world of vehicles that there is a dedicated forum without an axe to grind nor advertisements which allows vehicle specific information to be traded. Hope you all support this Nissan Pathfinder site.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:43 am

Yep... Thanks RacerZX !!!!........... Triffid

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:48 pm

Agree ... now what I would like to see is more of a participation in actual events, like the folks in the XTerra and Frontier forums. Some fun runs, events like Moab, etc.. With some small mods, the 3rd gen Pathy is quite capable off road. I believe we can do most, if not all, what the X and Frontys are doing. Heck, I still have plans to due the infamous Rubicon sometime soon.

At the beginning of the year we got together in Death Valley for what I believe was a first 3rd generation Pathy get-together. We had a good time.
See here:

http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=45

So, anyone out there game for doing more of this? I can start to organize a few more trips.

markspath

Postby markspath » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:49 pm

I'd consider organizing a weekend run this Spring in the NJ Pine Barrens if there's enough interest. It would primarily consist of category 1 packed/sugary sand and easy water (max 10"), with a few category 2 spots (deeper sand/water, some mud). 90% of the trip could probably be done in 2WD unless there's heavy rains.

There's a private/commercial campsite with full facilities and some cabins right in the middle of the area I'm thinking of. Not a fancy KOA, but some nice, level spots for campers and good spots for tents. Plus, as a private campsite, you can bring your dog and enjoy a few beers after the rides.

Any interest?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:20 am

ragpaoa wrote:Heck, I still have plans to due the infamous Rubicon sometime soon.
Best of luck with that. Let us know when you decide to do that one. Having been on it in a jeep, I don't think I'd ever think about taking the PF. We just don't have enough clearance. But, if you go, I expect tons of pics and video!
At the beginning of the year we got together in Death Valley for what I believe was a first 3rd generation Pathy get-together.

I'm still planning on heading out there again this spring unless I come across some crazy airfare deals that will get me out of the country. I'll probably start a post in January concerning the next DV trip. Maybe we can get a few more people to show up this time, although it's still fun with only a few of us.
So, anyone out there game for doing more of this? I can start to organize a few more trips.
Since I live out in the ass end of nowhere, my only chance is if one of the forum members happens to be passing through & stopping off somewhere for a day or two. Those of you on the east and west coasts should have much better luck organizing things since there are other forum members in the area. Overall, I agree that there are very few meets/trail runs compared to other forums.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:47 am

NVSteve wrote:Best of luck with that. Let us know when you decide to do that one. Having been on it in a jeep, I don't think I'd ever think about taking the PF. We just don't have enough clearance. But, if you go, I expect tons of pics and video!

Thanks, I did the Con with my old 94 4door Pathy back in the days with a slight lift and 33" tires. I believe it can be done, but you absolutely have to have under armor skids, sliders, winch, 33"+ tires, and at least a 3" lift. Maybe a locker. I should have everything by next fall when I plan on making the trip. I'm going with a buddy in his FJ, unless anyone else here want to come :wink: .
NVSteve wrote:I'm still planning on heading out there again this spring unless I come across some crazy airfare deals that will get me out of the country. I'll probably start a post in January concerning the next DV trip. Maybe we can get a few more people to show up this time, although it's still fun with only a few of us.
I'm game. Let us know!
NVSteve wrote:Since I live out in the ass end of nowhere, my only chance is if one of the forum members happens to be passing through & stopping off somewhere for a day or two.
Actually, I am thinking about some Utah/Colorado trips as well, so I'll keep in touch.

markspath

Postby markspath » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:02 pm

NVSteve wrote:Since I live out in the ass end of nowhere, my only chance is if one of the forum members happens to be passing through & stopping off somewhere for a day or two. Those of you on the east and west coasts should have much better luck organizing things since there are other forum members in the area. Overall, I agree that there are very few meets/trail runs compared to other forums.
Dude! You live in frickin Utah! You're just 4 hours from some of the greatest off-roading in the world! If I lived in SLC I'd go to Moab at least once a month.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:34 pm

MARKSPATH wrote: Dude! You live in frickin Utah! You're just 4 hours from some of the greatest off-roading in the world! If I lived in SLC I'd go to Moab at least once a month.
Not to belittle the place or anything, but that's part of the problem. It's so well known and over used...I much prefer all the other parts of Utah where one might see 1 or 2 vehicles in a day. The times I've been in Moab have been like the opening night of a blockbuster movie-far too many people, long & boring lines, etc. I'll admit it's interesting to see...once. The times I've been there have been so bad that I've never done any offroading. I just ended up parking and hiking out to a few of the hot spots and watched vehicle after vehicle drive by, up, down, etc. I guess I just prefer the solitude to the crowds, especially when it comes to being outdoors.

markspath

Postby markspath » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:32 pm

I didn't have that problem in the beginning of July. In fact, it was quite the opposite. I was hoping to ad hoc join up with some other vehicles, as I would have been able to go on some more difficult trails if I had someone with me to help out with spotting and recovery (my kids aren't experienced enough to either spot or drive rough terrain yet).

I did see a small group heading up Fins N Things later one afternoon, but they were already starting up the first big hump and I didn't want to crash their party in the middle. I'd started the same trail from the other end off Sands Flat Rd but decided to bail when it became a bit to dicey for me by myself.

I'm not sure if I can make it out next year. My 16yo son wants to go on a volunteer trip to Ecuador instead, and my 15yo daughter would prefer a less "rugged" vacation for a change. Women! I guess that's why I'm divorced! :?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”