Level front and rear lift

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Brandon4685

Level front and rear lift

Postby Brandon4685 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:34 am

I have a 08 2wd pathfinder we that the wife drives and she wants a lift. We have 265s on it now stock, side note the path will only be driven on light trails were 2wd can make it more driving beach and and ranch time off-road wise, the question I have is I was wanting to a do 2 inch lift and thinking about the rancho quick lift does any one have a part number and finding armada springs for the rear as I have heard that will give me 2 in the rear but I'm want the front And the read level with each other so I was thinking also putting a 1 in spacer in the front and then running a 32 10.50 tire or a 285 and ideas of help would be appreciated and not trying to brake the bank just enough to clear the tires and make it level front and back

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:35 am

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -6211.html

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -6388.html

These are the links for a full 2" level suspension lift. Throw them all in your cart and in a week you will have everything you need. I just put this setup on my 06 last night with 285/75/16 and now I have a superb ride, firm and smooth. and it looks awesome.

:)

stowerspowers2

Postby stowerspowers2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Why is the Billstein neccessary? I'm a noob but everything I've read just suggests the quiklift front strut assembly and spacers in the back. Why add the new rear shocks?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:34 am

When you put the spacers in the back, it will extend the length that your shock will have to travel, so you need a rear shock designed to handle the extended length. Bilstein's are probably the best in terms of ride.
Keep in mind when you start changing suspension parts, you'll have to do a wheel alignment. If you never had the front control arm bolts replaced with camber/caster bolts, you may end up needed these:

https://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981115-pat ... nsion.html

Hopefully, the bolts are seized to the control arm bushings, or you'll be looking at having them cut out and either replacing the bushings or the control arm. The same goes for the rear.

As you get to 2" and higher lifts, rear wheel alignment gets tougher to get into spec during a wheel alignment. If you run into that issue, you'll have to get offset, rear control arm bushings installed to get it within specs.

stowerspowers2

Postby stowerspowers2 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:57 am

Are the Bilsteins really that much better than the Rancho rear shocks? I kind of just want to by the full Rancho set so everything is matching. Plus the Rancho shock has a dial with 9 settings to adjust the stiffness. Is that dial just a placebo kinda thing they tack on as a selling point?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:17 pm

Those that have driven both have said that the Bilsteins have a better ride as the Ranchos tend to be a bit harsh. I've never had Ranchos so I can't say from personal experience.

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:37 am

I got the full Rancho setup. Rear shocks seem great. Haven’t tried any other though. I bought Armada springs for rear. At least 3 inch lift. No spacers on top of them though. From Autozone. Rear Alignment tough

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”