2011 Radio/climate control unresponsive after stereo removal

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

[email protected]

2011 Radio/climate control unresponsive after stereo removal

Postby [email protected] » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:12 pm

Story time. I have a 2011 Pathfinder S with Non Bose, (panasonic) non navi, with info screen and 6 disk changer. About 6 months ago it stopped ejecting disks. Finally today I thought I'd tear into it to see what was up. I removed the dash and took out the disk changer. I took the lid off the changer and found one of the disks had grenaded inside and there were pieces of disk in there. I thought I was a genius and put it all back together.

I installed it back in the vehicle and now the info screen is blank, stereo doesn't work, climate controls are unresponsive, and the airbag light is flashing on the dash and the passenger airbag off light is on. Heater fan is on about medium but nothing changes when I hit the buttons. I thought I had forgotten to plug in one of the pin connectors so I took the whole thing apart again and double checked. Everything was plugged in properly.

Then I thought maybe it was some kind of antitheft thing? I took it to the
dealer and asked the service department if they had any ideas. I was hoping there was a reset or something. Service staff said their isn't a reset and when I took it apart I probably shorted out everything connected to the radio/climate/info screen. Is this really possible? I used to install stereos and never had anything like this happen.

Anyone have any ideas? I've done way more complicated repairs than this and never had any problems.

Brmadsenad

Re: 2011 Radio/climate control unresponsive after stereo removal

Postby Brmadsenad » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:00 am

Bummer there's not an answer here. My 2012 head unit is doing the same thing. I've checked fuses and they seemed OK, so next step I'll take apart the unit and look for problems.

You never found a solution??

mdmellott

Postby mdmellott » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:25 am

Disconnect your battery first, then proceed with caution.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:59 pm

Iirc, the head unit itself also has an hdd which probably contains the operating system of the head unit. Could be a bad hdd in the head unit. You'll most likely need a new head unit. What model number is your ipdm? I suspect 2010 or 2011-12 should have the newer version. I recently swapped my version 1 out with a version 2 I got off Ebay and now my head unit is holding the time, date, and radio stations. Far from the same issues you were having, but it's something?

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”