another trans/radiator bypass done

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

jeff91c2t

Re: another trans/radiator bypass done

Postby jeff91c2t » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:27 pm

Thanks SMJ....just the advice/experience I was hoping for! The CSF was on the short list, however I was a bit on the fence regarding the actual need. What appealed most was the dual core. I've been all thru death valley with never an issue so very much agree the extra cooling capacity is not required.

I'll shop around and get the best balance between delivery/cost/supplier then.

It's a bummer on the U1000 code thrown along with the yellow "4x4" idiot light. I read about U1000 and it's unlikely that was the problem. Looking around on codes for Nissan's I can't find one specific for the 4x4 light...so will have to go with ASSuming it over heated.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:53 pm

jeff91c2t wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:27 pm
Thanks SMJ....just the advice/experience I was hoping for! The CSF was on the short list, however I was a bit on the fence regarding the actual need. What appealed most was the dual core. I've been all thru death valley with never an issue so very much agree the extra cooling capacity is not required.
Dunno about that, you don't notice the ECU dialing back everything until you have double cooling capacity and it doesn't anymore :P

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:22 am

You can get a dual core with the plastic-tanked radiators; I have one in my 06. Some of the aftermarket radiators have the 2-1/4" single-row core radiator, like my factory unit, and some have a 2-1/8" double-row core. I don't notice any difference, performance-wise. If you have rear heat, you also have that extra coolant going all the way back to the rear heater core and back up to the engine.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”