The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Is this an aftermarket radiator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Is this an aftermarket radiator? Reply with quote

I picked up my first nissan path the other day. Its an 06 LE with 160k miles. It was very clean and kept really well. The guy I bought it from bought about 8 months ago but decided to sell it because he son preferred their jeep to drive instead (they had a few vehicles and toys).

When I brought it home, I planned on doing a bypass until I could replace the radiator with and aftermaket one. However, the radiator in the vehicle looks newer for a vehicle that is 11 years old. There was no grime or bent fins. There is no part number on the top of the tank. The engine bay looks like it has been serviced because the connectors have all been marked with dots or numbered with a paint marker. The 10mm bolt for the trans dip stick is also missing. The trans fluid is a nice clear red. I did some searching on here and members that have the same experiance were told that they were aftermarket. The rad cap say nissan but looks newer.

So what do you guys think? Is this an aftermarket? Should I just leave it alone or replace the radiator?

Top of radiator with no Calisonic sticker.

Trans dip stick with missing 10mm bolt.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly looks like an aftermarket radiator. A Nissan radiator would have a Calsonic sticker in or near that rectangle on top of the tank, to the right of the cap. You would also see "NISSAN" molded into the top of the other side of the radiator tank (to the left of the cap).
As far as the dipstick bolt, that's no big deal. It's 6Mx1.0 thread and probably about 20-25MM long. You can get 6M bolts at any hardware store or auto parts store.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. I can sleep better at night. As for the bolt, i'm not worried but thanks for the size, probably would have been in and out of the hardware store a few times to get the size right. I decided to pull the trigger and buy a Carfax report to try to get some more info on the service history. I managed to get the dealer that this vehicle was bought and serviced at for the first 6 years and 135k miles. Hopefully they can shed some light on what has been done so I can get a jump on what needs to be done now.
V8Pathy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the replacement radiator I just put in today Smile
Nissan OEM value radiator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: