Engine Oil Analysis Report

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Engine Oil Analysis Report

Postby blink32 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:02 am

I was curious about what kind of contaminates were in the initial break-in oil that comes with the path. Whats nissan suggest for teh first oil change, 5k? I know BMW and others are at like 10k for first change. I just didn't feel "right" about that because of the sheer number of contaminates that would be in the oil from break-in. So at 1566 miles I copped this sample and sent it in. Nothing ground breaking to report. While not good it wasn't necessarily bad. 2 or 3 more oil changes will tell the tail and let me see how far out I can stretch my oil changes.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:21 am

I always thought about doing that, but just never did. It's good to know that the break in isn't too bad. I need to do an oil change soon, because she has it up to almost 29k. Maybe I'll give it a try. Then we can compare results. Did you have to send for a kit?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:57 am

I'd be very interested to see other results. I just filled out a request online and within say 3-5 days I had a mailer tube with 2 sample kits inside (i asked for a second kit in the notes section requesting the original). Pretty straight forward, its a bottle with a bottle inside, instructions, plastic baggie and a form to fill out. There was one or two blanks that were a little bit confusing to fill out but nothing that staring at it cross eyed couldn't fix :lol:

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:36 am

Hm, maybe I should do that for my first oil change after installing the Supercharger, see if there's an unusual mount of bearing material in the oil :o

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:39 am

Definitely wouldn't hurt to do a before and after.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”