Armada rear springs?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Ldcapp

Armada rear springs?

Postby Ldcapp » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi all I have a 2012 pathfinder, that needs new shocks and struts. So I figured now would be a good time to do a small lift. My thought was to go with the Rancho quick lift struts in the front and armada springs in the rear. It sounds like there are alignment issues from doing this and I was wondering if the camber kit and control arm bushing fixed the issues, I was also wondering what do you recommend for rear shocks. Thanks for your help

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:41 am

I have heard mixed reviews on the rancho fronts. But also with the Bilstien 5100s. I have only used the 5100s and it gave me a solid 2†lift.
Im running armada springs and they do help with the sag. Never measured my lift with them but if I had to guess 1.5†after settling. But noticable.

Alignment isnt to bad but the front make sure you have camber bolts

Ldcapp

Postby Ldcapp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:26 am

Thupertrooper wrote:I have heard mixed reviews on the rancho fronts. But also with the Bilstien 5100s. I have only used the 5100s and it gave me a solid 2†lift.
Im running armada springs and they do help with the sag. Never measured my lift with them but if I had to guess 1.5†after settling. But noticable.

Alignment isnt to bad but the front make sure you have camber bolts
Thanks for the help thupertrooper I have ordered the armada springs. Now trying to decide on the rear shocks. I will also take a look at the bilstein 5100 and try to make a decision. I'm slowly piecing it together so if you have any other suggestions please add to it. Thanks

Code Pathfinder

Bilstein all the way

Postby Code Pathfinder » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:37 am

I would definitely recommend the Bilstein 4600HD series shocks for the rear. They’ve definitely improved the ride in the rear for me :D

Armada springs or the ranch spacers are good for the rear. I haven’t experimented with the airlift 1000 coil spring bags but from what I’ve heard they’re great with our vehicles.

For the front I’m going to run a simple strut spacer from supreme suspensions. I’ll probably run the 5100s up front at some point.

I haven’t had time to install my kit. Hopefully, my technical college can help me out with this project. (Technical college has a great auto program.) if not I’ll try and do it myself.

I hope you don’t run into alignment issues along the way. That seems to be the kryptonite for lifting our pathys. My cam bolts are seized in the front. The shop didn’t check the rear but simply told me that the rear was “perfectâ€

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Buddy of mine sent me this info

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tjm-650ge210l

Not sure if these are longer then stock but if someone can compare these to the bilstiens it could help. The sale price is pretty cheap so worth a try.

Ldcapp

Postby Ldcapp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks for the comments gents. I'm really debating the bilstein but haven't found the 5100 for the front of the pathfinder while searching the web. Does anybody have a link I could save.

Code Pathfinder

Here is a link

Postby Code Pathfinder » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Bilstein "Technically" doesn't make the 5100 front struts for the pathfinder.

Instead they advertise the 5100s for frontier owners. The suspension is the same on the front for the pathfinder and frontier. So you can use these on the front of the Pathfinders as well. The rear suspension however is different. Frontiers use leafs while pathfinders use coils.

Here are some links you can look at for the 5100s

http://performancelifts.com/bilstein-20 ... 87053.html

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/f4 ... stein.html

https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/niss ... o6EALw_wcB

hope this helps! :D

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Bumping this to see more Pathys with Armada Springs

SuperTom

Postby SuperTom » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Im looking to go with the Rancho Quick lift fronts and Bilstien 24-197434 (should be the ones for rear lift) rear shock.

Looking for rear springs to mate up with this setup. The 4x4 HD springs giving 1.75" seem the best bet but pricey compared to Armada springs.

So which part # Armada springs are people using on here??? Ive heard some people getting .5" and 3" lift. I want to stay under 2" so I don't have alignment problems.

Only extra weight ill have in the rear is the Wilco Hitchgate Solo which is only 50lbs

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:57 pm

I lifted my rear with Armada springs, gave me about 2.5" of lift. Needed the UCA bushings to adjust for camber.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:21 pm

TooTallMike wrote:I lifted my rear with Armada springs, gave me about 2.5" of lift. Needed the UCA bushings to adjust for camber.
Do you have a part number?
I used the 4wd Tow package Armada springs. They were about .800†thick similar height to stock if that helps.

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:18 am

[quote="Thupertrooper"][quote="TooTallMike"]I lifted my rear with Armada springs, gave me about 2.5" of lift. Needed the UCA bushings to adjust for camber.[/quote]

Do you have a part number?
I used the 4wd Tow package Armada springs. They were about .800†thick similar height to stock if that helps.[/quote]

The ones I used were
Moog 81085

Showing as 87$ for the pair on rockauto.

Install was okay. I replaced the coil rubbers that go on the top and bottom also.

Kilo Golf-60

Postby Kilo Golf-60 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Bringing this back real quick. I am looking at the options for a small but necessary lift. I am looking at the Moog Armada springs and 2 1/2" spacers up front. Those that have gone the Armada spring route, will the spacers be too much up front? Maybe I should look at 2"? I know that alignment issues will happen but just looking for opinions from those that have gone down this road

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Kilo Golf-60 wrote:Bringing this back real quick. I am looking at the options for a small but necessary lift. I am looking at the Moog Armada springs and 2 1/2" spacers up front. Those that have gone the Armada spring route, will the spacers be too much up front? Maybe I should look at 2"? I know that alignment issues will happen but just looking for opinions from those that have gone down this road
Armada springs was mostly for the rear for the front you will most likely have coil bucket contact with stock upper control arm.

Kilo Golf-60

Postby Kilo Golf-60 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:34 am

Right. The question I have is, I have seen so many different numbers on how much lift the Armada springs provide that I don't want to go too much in the front. If the Armada springs provide 2 1/2" of lift in the rear and I get a set of 2 1/2" spacers up front then I'm golden. However, if the Armada springs only provide 2" and I get 2 1/2" spacers up front then I'm going to look kinda dopey.

I'm just looking for a more agreed upon number the Armada springs provide in the rear so I can make sure I purchase the correct spacers for up front

Make sense?

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”