If you had access to a Gen 3 parts truck what would you take

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Pathfinderer

If you had access to a Gen 3 parts truck what would you take

Postby Pathfinderer » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:25 am

I just bought a 2005 Pathfinder. I may wind up with a parts truck as well, but can not keep it around long if I do get it. I want the bumper covers and rims, but what else would be easy to take off of it before sending to the crusher? I may take the doors, as my windows are a bit slow, and I think the liftgate should come off too. I am not sure if the computers are interchangeable between different trucks? What else would you grab? Tough question I know, but I cant fully strip it. I do not have the tools or ability to remove the drivetrain. I will have limited time to make it all happen. Thoughts?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:10 am

Thats a tough one. Thinking from my perspective, I would be going after the powertrain components. Engine, Transmission, Transfer case (assuming its a 4wd) and maybe even front and rear diffs, CV Half shafts.

Also some electrical stuff if in good shape. ABS harnesses, O2 sensors, catalytic converters.

Interior stuff would be awesome. The rear cargo area in my 05 has taken a beating, and its the plastic type, not carpet. I haven't found any replacements for these, so probably the rear sets, as well as the panel over the spare tire wrench.

Stereo, amp, speakers, subwoofer (assuming its a BOSE system).

Check for a di-chromatic rear view mirror with compass, I have one and its great.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:13 am

ooo, transmission oil pan. I just replaced mine due to it rusting through... :)

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:17 am

Pre Cats if they appear in good shape.

Pathfinderer

Postby Pathfinderer » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:16 am

Thanks guys. All good input! I will try to get to as many of the mentioned parts as I can. Wish I could pull the whole drive train, but I just done have the right tools or environment to do so....

Return to “R51 General Chat”