The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Just got a used 2017 Altima SV, have questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debriscolomun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Just got a used 2017 Altima SV, have questions. Reply with quote

Hi all,

I recently got a 2017 Altima SV after my 2015 Civic Coupe got totaled by someone running a red light. I purchased the Altima with 44,000 miles on it for about $12,800 out the door (it was a rental). 1 bhk flat in thane

I have read a decent bit the past couple days regarding the CVT issues and it seems the standard advice is to replace the Transmission Fluid every 30,000 miles. Is this something that is actually shown to work? Or are we basically making blood sacrifices and hoping for the best? flats in mulund

Additionally, are there other issues I should be on the lookout for with my Altima?

Thus far, everything has been great on it, and I am having a full inspection done and, if that is clean, replacing the transmission fluid. But are there other worries? real estate development consulting firms

TBH, after reading all the posts regarding the shit-tier CVT, I feel a bit of remorse for my purchase. I don't understand how all the expert review sites are giving it solid reliability scores when the transmissions are basically expected to blow up at 60k.

Last edited by debriscolomun on Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nissan was one of the first to bring the CVT into North America and they have had more than their fare share of issues. They are getting better, but I have my reservations on any CVT, although some manufacturers are showing better reliability with them. They had some issues with the 2016 Altima, but it appears to have been worked out for 2017 Altimas, so, "fingers crossed."
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: