help needed: no sound in bose rear speakers or sub

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

baloopath

help needed: no sound in bose rear speakers or sub

Postby baloopath » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:02 am

I purchased a used 2008 Pathfinder LE w/bose & Nav a few months ago and there is no sound coming from the rear speakers or factory bose sub. The front speakers are working great.

I checked the fuses in the fuse panel next to the glovebox and they are all fine. Not sure where to check next to troubleshoot the issue.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Last edited by baloopath on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:45 am

Check under the driver's seat. Make sure all the connections to the amp are firmly seated. Best way to do this is to remove each one and then plug it back in. If that doesn't solve the problem, you may have something loose on the back of the head unit itself.

baloopath

Postby baloopath » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:42 am

Checked the connections to the amp under the driver seat by unplugging and replugging and still couldn't get sound to the rear speakers or sub.

I'll try to remove the head unit and check the connections behind it tonight.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:06 am

how is the radio settings? could it be on fade for the fronts only?

baloopath

Postby baloopath » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 am

The audio settings are currently set for fade to be balanced in between front and rear. With this setting there is only sound coming from the front speakers.

When I move the setting to output to 100% rear, no sound is heard at all.

I appreciate the suggestions and please do keep them coming if anymore come to mind. I'll check the connections behind the head unit tonight and keep everyone posted.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:28 pm

If the connections on the headunit look okay, the next step would be to do a voltage check on the pinouts for the rear & sub. I could see the one side going bad in the rear. Maybe even both the rear channels. But I can't imagine that the head unit would have the rear channels and sub channel fried. If you get voltage from the head unit outputs, then check the voltage on the amp outputs. If all of that fails, then I'm at a loss. I would think it would be a straight run from the amp to each speaker, but there may be some other connector involved somewhere inbetween.

baloopath

Postby baloopath » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:52 am

Woooohooo got it working!!

I'm actually embarrassed to post what the problem was, BUT seeing as maybe someone else runs into this I will post anyway.

Turns out that I had the headphones button pressed, so the HU was suppressing all sound to the rear and sub. Noticed the headphones graphic on the display and thought to myself "NO WAY". Sure enough that was the issue.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Ride2Live

Re: help needed: no sound in bose rear speakers or sub

Postby Ride2Live » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:56 pm

Glad I searched here before checking fuses etc.. I did the same foolish thing, had the headphones switch on. Rear speakers and sub are working again! LOL

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”