2005 iPod Interface

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jrculber

2005 iPod Interface

Postby jrculber » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi Board,

I have searched the boards, but haven't seen my particular question asked nor answered.

I have the 2005 model, with the SatNav screen, 6 disc changer radio. I would like to add an iPod connector. Will the below linked item work with my model, or are there standard RCA connections on the back of this head unit? I know there is a Rear A/V button on my radio, which I don't have the rear DVD player, so I assume that input is empty, I just didn't know what type of input it was?

Can I use this: http://www.leeparts.com/nissan_pathfind ... rface.html

or do I need something other than RCA or the above?

Thanks in advance, let me know if you need more info on my radio.

Regards,
jrculber

pearl62

Postby pearl62 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:45 pm

There are no RCA inputs on the back of the head unit. I have a 2005 equiped the same as yours and bought the same ipod kit you linked. The display kinda sucks though, as the song title is only shown between the dual temp zones at the bottom of the screen. Long titles are simply cut off.

I've just removed my ipod kit and gone with a PAC AAI-NIS2 to add a couple of RCAs to the factory deck. The ipod has to sit out now but it's so much easier navigating with the click wheel than the cat and select buttons on the factory head unit.

jrculber

Postby jrculber » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks Pearl, how hard was the install on that? Is it just getting access to the rear of the deck and then plugging in the 10/12 pin cables?

Some of the sites selling the adapter indicate that you must have the Satellite ready head unit, which I don't have, but I wasn't sure if that was just to use it with a satellite radio. I only want to have the iPod inputs, so if this will do that, then I should be fine.

Thanks again,
jrculber

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:56 pm

I also want to add a iPhone/iPod connection to my '05... It has the factory installed Bose system, w/6 disc CD, & Nissan XM system... (No Nav)... The Nissan kit says that my iPhone 3G may not be compatible with this system and will not charge during operation... Any help would be welcomed as I suck at this stuff.............. Triffid

pearl62

Postby pearl62 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:10 pm

The PAC AAI-NIS2 has a switch called "sat/no sat" so maybe that can help with your install. I needed to have it in the "sat" mode. The install wasn't hard, just getting access to the back of the stereo to plug the harness in line with existing connectors. I needed to find power for the iPod cable too.

I also used the PAC IC-AV2 ipod cable to connect and provide power to the iPod. It's described as working for the iPhone 3G, not sure about the 3GS.

I also bought a holder from Proclip to mount the iPod to the dash.

jrculber

Still looking...

Postby jrculber » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:55 am

I have still haven't found anything that says it will work with my stereo setup. All of the sites that sell the PAC AAI-NIS2 say that it will NOT work without the SAT button. I am attaching pictures to clarify exactly what stereo I do have. Does anyone have an idea if A.) the PAC will work, or B.) any other options to get an iPod connected to my stock player.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”