my 88 pathfinder

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

daniel202010

my 88 pathfinder

Postby daniel202010 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:55 pm

i got it from my cousin not running right . we can't seem to figure it out . it will start and run if you keep patting the throttle but then it will start dumping fuel into the throttle body and foul the plugs . we are gonna change the timing belt and we got it all tore down and the driver cam is one tooth off will this cause it to run like that if not what else could it be ? thanks for any help . daniel

Scaramoche

not running right

Postby Scaramoche » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Yes the timing belt can effect performance in a big way, assuming that your a tooth off, as well the distributor timing etc. I would set the engine to TDC, and reset everything.

I would also verify you are getting good spark.

I ran into this issue when i recently rebuilt my 89pathy, and it was the timing.

bigred07

Postby bigred07 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 pm

The timing belt could do that, It might also have bent some valves inside the engine. I noticed mine seemed lagging when i bought it and found out the timing belt had jumped and some valves were bent, but it still ran which is kinda cool. Hopefully thats not your problem, if it is hopefully there's a good mechanic you can get it fixed cheap near you. Maybe check the fuel filter too to make sure thats not cloged?

daniel202010

Postby daniel202010 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:17 am

i got all that fixed finally it runs good has a valve tap (i think) and the exhaust manifold gaskets have a couple leaks but other than that it runs pretty darn good !!! 8)

Return to “General Automotive”