so i cleaned the mass air flow sensor

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 am

me&pathy wrote:
cruzstyle wrote:i also did this and cleaned everything out. just a bit of warning it is advised not to do this. this has the tendency to make your check engine light come on due to the cleaning. then u have to take it to t dealer and dealer only to have the car reset and the high idle rest or you can try to manually do it yourself but its not the easiest thing in the world to do. lets just say i wont be doing this myself again. the light didn't come on until about 2 weeks after i cleaned it. so again this is a known thing to happen with our cars so clean with extreme caution
thats why you disconnect the battery and after cleaning make sure its dry re install and then re connect the battery 8)
Or could explain why the sh|t is baked on.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:52 pm

well the battery discount did nothing for me and it dried for over an hr so maybe i just had really bad luck. nissan knew what i did without me telling them si im assuming its a common problem

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:18 pm

cruzstyle wrote:well the battery discount did nothing for me and it dried for over an hr so maybe i just had really bad luck. nissan knew what i did without me telling them si im assuming its a common problem
o well that sucks worked fine for me.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”