Weird problem with fuel (Distance to Empty)

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

b_beder

Weird problem with fuel (Distance to Empty)

Postby b_beder » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Hello...
I've noticed this two month ago my DTE display 310m with full tank. But when i disconnect the negative battery for more than 3 hour
What surprise!! it display 379m.

Is that meen it zeorised all data ?

Npath

Re: Weird problem with fuel (Distance to Empty)

Postby Npath » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 pm

b_beder wrote:Hello...
I've noticed this two month ago my DTE display 310m with full tank. But when i disconnect the negative battery for more than 3 hour
What surprise!! it display 379m.

Is that meen it zeorised all data ?
Yeah, when battery is disconnected for several minutes, all data is deleted. It'll find any problems again after reconnecting and driving it around for a bit.

I have heard of fuel metering issues with this generation Pathfinder, so you may want to look into it further. If not, keep track of the mileage you've driven and fuel up before it's actually empty.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Yeah, after a little driving around, the ECU will re-learn the fact that you have a heavy foot! :D

AZ_Path

Re: Weird problem with fuel (Distance to Empty)

Postby AZ_Path » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Npath wrote: I have heard of fuel metering issues with this generation Pathfinder, so you may want to look into it further. If not, keep track of the mileage you've driven and fuel up before it's actually empty.
I don't think anything is wrong. The fuel metering issues are related to the analog gauge, this is different.

I'm pretty sure the DTE is calculated based on your average MPG. I've seen mine vary after a full tank based on what my average MPG shows. When my average is higher, my DTE increases.

If you disconnected the battery for a while, the average MPG is probably erased from memory. In that case, the DTE is probably calculated using a predetermined number that close to what your average MPG will be.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”