Tested the Limits of the Pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

User avatar
BMXPath
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:55 am
Location: Texas!

Postby BMXPath » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:02 am

kelleyo wrote: The pathy has a great hole shot. Auto tranny and good low end torque 8)
Yeah, a buddy of mine has an '06 Caddy CTS-V and he was surprised at my 60 ft time. He said he hasnt been able to get that good of a 60 ft in the Caddy yet. Btw, my best 60ft was 2.17.
He has a very similar problem as you though in your M5... no traction AND a stick shift.


User avatar
kelleyo
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:25 pm
Location: Atlanta Metro

Postby kelleyo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:46 am

BMXPath wrote:
kelleyo wrote: The pathy has a great hole shot. Auto tranny and good low end torque 8)
Yeah, a buddy of mine has an '06 Caddy CTS-V and he was surprised at my 60 ft time. He said he hasnt been able to get that good of a 60 ft in the Caddy yet. Btw, my best 60ft was 2.17.
He has a very similar problem as you though in your M5... no traction AND a stick shift.
Rear tires are huge on my M5 9.5x18-inch wheels and 275/35ZR18 tires. THe problem is HP and Torque. 394 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque to be exact. WIth DSC (traction control) off it is very hard not to get wheel spin. Car has great traction in terms of cornering. It just overpowers the rears when you dump the clutch. Don't ask me how I know this :lol:

me&pathy
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: California

Postby me&pathy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:35 pm

you guys and the vibrating hoods, its interesting myn is pretty rock solid. There is something in the back that lets out this squeaking rattle though i cant find it.

boogyman
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:04 am
Location: Jersey

Postby boogyman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:45 pm

I like to see people pushing there vehicles. I have only one suggestion for you. You should not hammer on your brakes if they are new. You need to give them 1k to set in first. Otherwise you risk prematurely warping your rotors, especially if the abs kicks in. Other than that, have a BLAST!

me&pathy
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: California

Postby me&pathy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 pm

boogyman wrote:I like to see people pushing there vehicles. I have only one suggestion for you. You should not hammer on your brakes if they are new. You need to give them 1k to set in first. Otherwise you risk prematurely warping your rotors, especially if the abs kicks in. Other than that, have a BLAST!
o i didnt even think about that i just replaced the pads and turned the rotors. They were warm before i started flogging her, O and the motor idles so much smoother now.

kev1n
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Postby kev1n » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 am

GOTGOO wrote:Good read and i cant help but go over 100mph at least twice a month :D
Me too, but I'm usually in the Vette doing that.

Image

coom1986
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Postby coom1986 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:47 am

Hahaha nice write up,,it do 160+kmph in mine as well..on occassions..hmm..at what RPM do you brake launch,,i'd like to try that and see what sorta difference that makes..

User avatar
GimmieSumMo72
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:32 am
Location: Edison, NJ

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 am

kev1n wrote:
GOTGOO wrote:Good read and i cant help but go over 100mph at least twice a month :D
Me too, but I'm usually in the Vette doing that.
Gotta love these big black coupes!

Image

screw 2x a month!

kev1n
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Postby kev1n » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 am

GimmieSumMo72 wrote:
kev1n wrote:
GOTGOO wrote:Good read and i cant help but go over 100mph at least twice a month :D
Me too, but I'm usually in the Vette doing that.
Gotta love these big black coupes!


screw 2x a month!
Oh HELL YEAH! Black is the fastest color :lol:
That 850i is nice as hell! Dreamed of that car back in High school.

The_Edge
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:56 am
Location: NYC

Postby The_Edge » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:44 pm

nice post just please use paragraphs next time so it's easy on the eyes.

me&pathy
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: California

Postby me&pathy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm

coom1986 wrote:Hahaha nice write up,,it do 160+kmph in mine as well..on occassions..hmm..at what RPM do you brake launch,,i'd like to try that and see what sorta difference that makes..
ok i stand on the Brake no VDC rev her between 3,500 to 4 grand gas pedal all the way down, and quickly release the brake if you dont do it quick enough the rear wheels will spin under full braking. The ABLS likes to kill the launch if not not done just right. Hold the wheel straight and keep the throttle to the floor, enjoy. Some times she will spin to red line and hold it in first and wind all the way out.

me&pathy
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: California

Postby me&pathy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 pm

GimmieSumMo72 wrote:
kev1n wrote:
GOTGOO wrote:Good read and i cant help but go over 100mph at least twice a month :D
Me too, but I'm usually in the Vette doing that.
Gotta love these big black coupes!

Image

screw 2x a month!
ahh the 8 series i love those things, I looked all over for one and couldn't find one. Couldn't you get one with a V12? or was it a 10. I cant remember.

coom1986
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Postby coom1986 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:34 pm

haha ok will try it out next time..A fren of mine has the 850ci but thats got too many problems and the guy doesn have enough cash to fix her up...i think you could get it with a V8 or V12..

skinny2
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: BFE, Ohio

Postby skinny2 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:54 am

I know a guy with a '91 850i (v12) but he's delusional what he thinks it's worth. I think it's only got around 60k miles, but these are very cheap to buy. He wants 12k-15k because "it was 80k new". He's just been lucky and hasn't had to fix anything on it yet, then he'll understand why nobody will pay that much for one. It is a very good driving car though

A buddy recently traded his MB S600 that he bought new (well over 100k) and at first was surprised it was only worth $12k on trade for a new 760Li. Did a little research and decided the dealer was being quite generous. I would think that kind of depreciation would make you think twice about dropping another $130k on a vehicle...but he does keep them quite awhile.

User avatar
GimmieSumMo72
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:32 am
Location: Edison, NJ

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:29 am

the 8 series is a very finicky car. yes they came in a v12 and a v8... in europe they also came with an inline 6. The euro-spec cars are "tuned" way better than the US-spec ones.

yes a very well maintained car with low milage will fetch around $20-40k. the rarer ones will go for about $150k. if the car has been sitting around and not driven very often there will be gremlins to fix and will be priced at a discount or even as low as book.

i got screwed over when buying mine and have dumped a fortune into getting it running. now i have to have the interior parts and sunroof fixed.

but well worth it for a future classic.


Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”

cron