You can order a cargo cover in the US...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

hpc3

You can order a cargo cover in the US...

Postby hpc3 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:25 pm

Researched it at my dealer. They are available as an OEM body part(not listed in the Accessories) and list for ~$470 in Graphite or Desert. Don't know if they ever shipped with the cars over here but they are on the 2005 models parts listing. My dealer discounts parts so hopefully you'd be able to pick one up for less.

With the tinted rear windows it's not quite as necessary I'd guess. That and we use the rear most(3rd row) seats a good bit so it would constantly be in the way.

I wish the LEs came with the plastic storage area/seat backings. The felt carpet/liner stuff is pretty weak in comparision... is not wearing very well with all the MotoX gear I haul back there.

hpc3

Sorry - meant to post under the 2008 thread with cargo

Postby hpc3 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:26 pm

discussion.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Re: You can order a cargo cover in the US...

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 pm

hpc3 wrote:
I wish the LEs came with the plastic storage area/seat backings. The felt carpet/liner stuff is pretty weak in comparision... is not wearing very well with all the MotoX gear I haul back there.
I have an SE with the plastic ... Kinda wish it was carpet ...But The best investment we made with ours is the Husky liner for the back ....I cut the rise off where the door opens , and it has places to cut for the hold downs , I will tell you , its a life saver for cleaning up , and the plastic gets really beat up if you dont have something to protect it !!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:07 am

hpc3 wrote:Researched it at my dealer. They are available as an OEM body part(not listed in the Accessories) and list for ~$470 in Graphite or Desert. Don't know if they ever shipped with the cars over here but they are on the 2005 models parts listing. My dealer discounts parts so hopefully you'd be able to pick one up for less.
Do you have any links to support this? Many, many people on different forums have been looking for this. Nobody has run across the info you posted, aside from models outside the US (which have special hardware to accomodate a cargo cover that the US models do not have).

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:11 am

NAKA24DE wrote: I have an SE with the plastic ... Kinda wish it was carpet ...But The best investment we made with ours is the Husky liner for the back ....I cut the rise off where the door opens , and it has places to cut for the hold downs , I will tell you , its a life saver for cleaning up , and the plastic gets really beat up if you dont have something to protect it !!
I bought the same thing before I even took delivery of my PF. I also cut the raised lip off where the door opens because it was simply in the way. I'll probably do the same with the lip that butts up against the 2nd row, as I'm always hauling around long objects with the 2nd row down.

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:22 am

Now who would pay $470 for something like that?You are talking about the roll up type cargo cover..right?

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:53 pm

can you please post more details on this....

p/n, etc.

$470 is definetly spendy for a roll up cargo cover, but $200-$250 might be reasonable. It seems like every model except Canadian & US models got this 'option'. If you look at Nissan Australia's website, they list the cover as a 'cargo blind' and it looks like it's a 2-piece model (non-roll up).

hpc3

Dealer here(SC) has them as an orderable OEM part in

Postby hpc3 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:21 pm

Graphite and Desert colors for a 2005 model. My 2007 LE has the indentations in the plastic sides(cargo/3rd seat area) for this to snap into. I don't want one for the price but thought it interesting that the US cars come with the indentations/locations for the retractable cover yet they weren't offered here apparently.

I'll call my parts guy if you can't get the PN from your dealers... should be easy to obtain though, its in the parts system. There is no mention of a "shelf" hardware or other. The pic/diagram shows the roller/cover snapping into the cargo area indentations and then you extend the roll-up shade/cover over the cargo area. It is retained by fitting the cover/roll into the rear catch slots, molded into the rear panels. No other parts/components were listed.

Have your parts department look under the OEM body pieces and NOT in the accessories system... there is nothing listed in Nissan US accessories for this.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Dealer here(SC) has them as an orderable OEM part in

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:11 am

hpc3 wrote:The pic/diagram shows the roller/cover snapping into the cargo area indentations and then you extend the roll-up shade/cover over the cargo area. It is retained by fitting the cover/roll into the rear catch slots, molded into the rear panels. No other parts/components were listed.
Any way you could post that pic? Not to sound skeptical or anything, but I just know too many people (myself included) who have contacted Nissan dealers only to be shot down. People have even contacted Nissan USA corporate and were also told no cargo cover exists for the US model. Not once has a cargo cover been listed on Nissan's site for the R51, either as an option, accessory, part of a package or whatever. Are you sure you weren't looking at the Armada cargo cover?

hpc3

I'll go by the dealer this week and try to grab a

Postby hpc3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:20 am

screenshot off the parts system.

Brit

Postby Brit » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Thought I'd post these pictures of the load cover here in the UK. It's a two part, folding cover that locates to the side trim in the rear with rubberized lugs on the load cover. Don't know if it's the same shape as you guys would require though, hope this helps on your 'quest'.

Hope that's not too picture heavy.... :wink:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:09 pm

Brit,

Thanks for the pics! Much better than the ones I received from a UK dealer. We don't have that upper lip/shelf with the grooves for the cover, which I already knew from my dealings with the same UK dealer, but it should clear up things for a few people here. I don't have any pictures of the US interior, otherwise I'd post them to show the difference. Unless someone else has some handy that they could link to?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: I'll go by the dealer this week and try to grab a

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:12 pm

hpc3 wrote:screenshot off the parts system.
?? I'm assuming you forgot to post the link? Don't feel bad-I always forget to include attachments in my emails the first time around.

hpc3

I'll have to go by there for the pic...

Postby hpc3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:22 pm

When I found out the price on the US retractable one I lost interest. I'll hopefully get a pic up by mid week, schedule permitting.

hpc3

Pics of the US cargo area - for retractable cover:

Postby hpc3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Drivers side(LHD)

Passenger side

The cover in the US parts system has a retractable(vinyl I am assuming) cover/reel assy that fits in the forward area holes(plugs installed in my pics) and then unreels towards the back of the car and is inserted into the passenger side dimple/hole and then slotted in on the drivers side.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”