We recently purchased an '08 SE 4x4, have a couple of questions for everyone.
1. Switched from no-name 265/65/17 H/T tires to 265/70/17 Geolander A/T-S.
a. If we plan to do some very light off roading (emphasize LIGHT) do we need a 265/70 spare? The spare is still new (BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A). The guy at the tire store said mismatched tires would be o.k. if you're in 2wd, but what happens if you have a flat out in the wilderness?
b. We go to Brian Head Utah for about 4 days every Christmas, will the Geolanders be o.k. for snowy/icy roads or do I need to get chains or snow tires?
2. Any way to add factory bluetooth to the stock Bose stereo? Been looking online but not able to find a retrofit kit.
3. Does the '08 suffer from the same trans cooler issues as earlier models, and will I need to do the bypass?
4. Anyone know of good beginner to moderate off-road trails in the southern California area to get used to the vehicle and trail driving? I found some trails in Joshua Tree, but they all look pretty aggressive. Would also like to explore Big Bear area as well, if anyone has any suggestions.
5. Anyone have any experience/opinion on the rear seat Nissan docking DVD player? Might go with separate portable DVD players, as the 10 year old girl doesn't like to watch 7 year old brother's Star Wars movies
Thanks in advance!