Pathy starts OK but instrument lights flicker ..:-/

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Rob J

Pathy starts OK but instrument lights flicker ..:-/

Postby Rob J » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:02 pm

We just got our second Pathy, previous was a S 08. Now we have 4 months old 2010 SE with journey package. We love it...But....Every few days (~3-4 days)I notice the dash board instrument lights flicker very quickly, almost unnoticeable while starting... Like I said the truck starts & it drives very well but....For our first time My kids (3) & our self (2 adults) are going in a very long trip/Journey in a week 1/2 & I don't want to get stuck in the middle of no where (mountains) with the KIDS...:-O & WIFE...:-O :). I'm Concerned & also I don't want to tell/worry my wife...(some of you guys probably understand me..:)) So with that said:
Any of you Know good pointers/directions/instructions as to where in the Patthy I should & can quickly start checking my self...???without taking it to the Nissan Dealer (avoiding going there since it's one hr away...But will do if I have to since I know it is still cover). Please I need help with this, I want to know if anyone had something like this or similar happening with their Pathy trucks..:-/
As for now I already know, going to check & start with the obvious :
loose battery terminals, any corrosion(doubt since it's still like new in the engine area, but everythibg possible), fuses, etc.
Just looking for any other good suggestions/advice or if anyone have heard from people more experience than me with this trucks/ that have had the same or similar issues with their 2005 - 2010 Pathy trucks.
Thanks in advance & looking for any good advice or specifics, if anyone knows where exactly I could quickly check at home.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 am

i would suggest you take it to the dealer since it's still under warranty. it might be faulty cluster that just needs to be replaced.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:20 pm

i would also go with the dealer since its still under warranty..

djbit

Postby djbit » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Yes, also ask them to check the IPDM/ER. The IPDM/ER controls alot of the electrical stuff. it has relays and fuses aswell as some type of controller.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”