I can't believe it!!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SilverGhost

I can't believe it!!

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:08 pm

:shock: :? :( :oops: :cry: :evil:

Jeezus, I hate it when my goods are hurt!

A couple of weeks ago, I tagged a young kid - nearly T-boned him AAMOF! One second, my entry into the street was clear. A split second later, he was directly in front of me, and there was no room or time to stop.

That 3 mph impact tore Hell outa' my front bumper. Smeared the paint a bit on his Mommy-owned '07 Pontiac G5 (she was the first one on the scene). Guess who gets the rap . . . first intervehicular contact in 20 years!!

Cops showed up - no tickets, no accident report . . . but the little f**ker goes on down the road . . . fer shur believing swerving in front of me was the smart choice.

Fortunately, the truck had ZERO sheetmetal stress, no lights broken, no grill fracture . . . just the friggin' bumper.

The good news, besides the repair deal comin' together so I didn't have to eat my full $500 deductible, is that I found an excellemente body shop in Houston that emphasizes high-end Mercedes, Infiniti's, Volvo's . . . get the picture?

Had to make a couple of trips back for minor adjustments to headlight and bumper alignment, but overall the shop's work was the best I have seen in more car ownership years than I care to remember.

Washed and Carnuba'd the truck today, and the repairs are flawless. I've been told that their work is virtually undetectable by "meters." Of course, CarFax is another issue.

Be careful out there.

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:44 pm

how much did you end up paying for the repair ?

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:54 pm

V8Pathy wrote:how much did you end up paying for the repair ?
Grand total was $843 ($797 before sales tax). The bumper itself (factory, not aftermarket) was $449 plus tax. No other parts were needed. Labor and paint made up the rest of it.

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:23 pm

not too bad...body work is always expensive..at least the frame didn't get damaged.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:57 pm

V8Pathy wrote:at least the frame didn't get damaged.
Thank God! Although, for a slight glancing blow, it was still a pretty pricey repair.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”