Silly question for the hardcore PF enthusiast

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:18 pm

blink32 wrote:Oh yea, i know it well. Which is why I switched to using hardi-backer board.
I use that stuff for floor work, more often than I care to admit. Way better than the cement stuff, that's for sure. But, countertops require either a mortar or backerboard surface, and I wasn't about to create a pile of mud in my garage when it's in the 20 degree range.

I'm still impressived with the interior room for cargo/hauling. I picked up one those tool chest combos before Christmas because it was 20% off, I was there, and I'd been looking at them for a couple of years now. The base unit was in a surprisingly large box, and man was it ever heavy. Took 2 guys, straining a bit, to lift it into the back. But it fit just fine, even with the 2nd box which had the top chest, plus a few cases of tile, etc.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:19 pm

NVSteve wrote:I'm still impressed with the interior room for cargo/hauling.
I'll tell you what, literally the PRIMARY reason I ended up with the Path was because it fit me. By that I mean if I laid the rear seats flat I could lay down fully outstretched in the the back. Gain a bit more length and front seat comfort by removing the rear seat bottoms.

I like to travel using the vehicle like a mini-RV.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:53 pm

blink32 wrote:
NVSteve wrote:I'm still impressed with the interior room for cargo/hauling.
I'll tell you what, literally the PRIMARY reason I ended up with the Path was because it fit me. By that I mean if I laid the rear seats flat I could lay down fully outstretched in the the back. Gain a bit more length and front seat comfort by removing the rear seat bottoms.

I like to travel using the vehicle like a mini-RV.
Yep, that's what sold me as well. The Xterra was just too confined inside, plus it seems like every other vehicle on the road happens to be an Xterra. The PF really came out on top for me, in many different ways. I actually haven't slept in it yet, but I know I'll have to sooner or later. It's nice to know I can if I have to.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:02 pm

SilverGhost wrote:
NAKA24DE wrote:Dang ... Those are the wheels that were on the first pictures of the R51's .... then they came out with blaaa .... wish they were more like that !!!
They were almost identical to that on the LE, except for the protruding center cap. Check out the photo album in my SIG.
Similar , I have LE's on mine , but very different ... LE's are basicly Flat ... those look much better !!!

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Guess the word "almost" was insufficiently descriptive of the difference. My bad.

I have no opinion on which looks better, and I did not intend to imply an opinion in my earlier post. That kinda crap is purely subjective, and I have learned from experience that opinions are like ass holes . . .

Return to “General Automotive”