Pioneer App Radio 2 - SPH-DA100

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

ddease2

Pioneer App Radio 2 - SPH-DA100

Postby ddease2 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Hey folks,

I have a 2008 Pathfinder S and I'd like to put the App Radio 2 in it. Has anyone had any luck with installing it? Does is fit without (or with) an adapter?

Crutchfield says it is not compatible with the SPH-DA100, but I'm not sure if I trust them.

Anyone have this unit? Got any pictures?

Thanks,

DRD2

deserter

Postby deserter » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am

I was going to get the SPH-DA02 from the Canada Crutchfield website and that says its compatible?

ddease2

Postby ddease2 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 am

Yeah, me too. Then I saw the 2nd gen on eBay and bought it, only to find out it's not listed as compatible.

It should just be a double-din, right? It might be because (at least on my 08) the dash is curved. I'm going to give it a try and see if there's really a limitation, or if its just not a perfect fit.

DRD2

Bcraven22

Postby Bcraven22 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 am

Crutchfield is pretty accurate. Also keep in mind that you're going to have your car longer than any type of phone or gadgets they have for phones (apps). IMHO I would go with something more traditional than an app CD player/radio

ddease2

Postby ddease2 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Bcraven22 wrote:Crutchfield is pretty accurate. Also keep in mind that you're going to have your car longer than any type of phone or gadgets they have for phones (apps). IMHO I would go with something more traditional than an app CD player/radio
Do you have any experience trying to install one in the make/model? I want to know what exactly keeps it from working.

I understand I'll have the card longer. But I've had iphones for the past five years (or longer?) so I'm not concerned as long this unit is compatible with iphone 5, 6 etc.

I drive so much that having the features of this system will be a huge convenience. GPS, Bluetooth, streaming videos, SPAM DO NOT CLICK, etc. I use all of these now, with the exception of a decent solution for the BT calling.

Even if I need to replace it in a few years, that's fine. I just want to know if I can get it to fit, or if the opening is too small, the depth is too deep, etc?

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 pm

ddease2 wrote:Yeah, me too. Then I saw the 2nd gen on eBay and bought it, only to find out it's not listed as compatible.

It should just be a double-din, right? It might be because (at least on my 08) the dash is curved. I'm going to give it a try and see if there's really a limitation, or if its just not a perfect fit.

DRD2
Not to sound like a dick or anything, but since you bought it, why not try to install it and tell us if it does fit or not. The only thing that I can see how it may not fit is due to the crossbar that is behind the stock headunit:

docsizzle

Postby docsizzle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm also planning on installing an App Radio (Pioneer or Sony), but I haven't found a dash kit for my '11 Pathy SV.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”