ooook, all done. this was a 2 out of 10 star job though. it's really pretty horrible. not exactly sure why. took my time, used like 7-8+ coats, yet it turned out not so smooth and matte. by coat 8 i was just going over and over it trying different things, like moving reallly slow when spraying so it actually pooled up. didn't seem to make a difference, still came out pretty bumpy. not sure if it's because these are straight plastic pieces or what, but i'm probably going to end up taking it off soon.
i will however leave it on long enough for me to get an idea if i do really like it, and if so i'll take it to a paint and body shop to see about an estimate.
also found out that the plastic silver "skid plate" is NON REMOVABLE. yup, it's held in by 3 screws on the bottom, and with these two clips at the top that seem to be one way only, and that's install. if you try to pry the plate off it will snap part of the molded-to-the-plate plastic mounting tabs. replacement plate is ~$71 + new tabs + s/h. the clip is the round part, the broken tab is the rectangle part. doh.
masked and after a few coats
i used electrical tape to go around the grove where the fog lights are. its easier to use than masking tape since it flexes more
all done, but before cleaning up around the fog lights. far away it all looks pretty awesome. up close it looks like -crap-.
up close on the top of the lip
here's the bad part about the elec tape (3m brand). it leaves this black sticky residue that doesn't seem to come off easily
however i found that acetone and qtips work well for removing it. just wet one end and you can rub with a little pressure and it takes the excess and residue right off