roof rain channel

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Npath

roof rain channel

Postby Npath » Sun May 25, 2008 7:11 pm

I was washing and waxing the Pathfinder today and noticed there are several cracks on the channels on the roof. I was pissed off, since I haven't owned it for 2 years yet! They're really small cracks, not gaping ones you'd see on concrete or asphalt.

After closer inspection, I noticed they've applied some type of rubber coating on the base of the rain channels.

Everyone should take a look.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun May 25, 2008 11:54 pm

I see what you mean, looks like maybe an epoxy joint between the roof section and the body. No cracks on this one yet but maybe it would be worth putting something along the channel to protect it from sun damage, or even pulling the headliner to check those joints from the underside to see how they are sealed.

Npath

Postby Npath » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Greybrick wrote:I see what you mean, looks like maybe an epoxy joint between the roof section and the body. No cracks on this one yet but maybe it would be worth putting something along the channel to protect it from sun damage, or even pulling the headliner to check those joints from the underside to see how they are sealed.

Drove it back to the dealer and got them to take pics and sent them off to Nissan Canada. I got into a little accident beforehand and had to go to the shop anyways.

They never contacted me so I thought they were holding out as long as they could. Got to the shop, they immediately knew who I was when they saw my name 06 Pathfinder and VIN. Anyways, they patched it all up and under warranty. Surprisingly, it cost Nissan $800+ to fix both rain gutters. It took them 2 days to patch it all up and it looks good!

So, before your warranty is up, check the rain gutters.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 am

Thanks NPath for the excellent input...made me check the rain rails for problems.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”