welp, bought a 99 jeep wranger

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Good to hear. Very helpful folks.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:55 pm

and here's the latest shot.

now running geolander ats, those other bfgs i got for mexican tire shop were cracked and stuff so i took them back.

i had gotten some spacers for the oem rims so i could fit the 33x12.5x15's without rubbing the LCAs, but two of the studs on the spacer sheared off. so i found 4 of the 'cheap' black steal rims for $100 that i have on their now. they're at a 4in backspace rather than the oem 5.5, so no rubbing! still have to find one for my spare though.

had the top on lately because it's "monsoon" season here in denver....which means you usually get some sort of rain every day.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Gotta love the monsoons. We get the same here in NNM. And this year has been quite impressive on the monsoons. Not sure if that's the case up there too.

Sure is looking good, and like a lot of fun too.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 pm

from what i hear the monsoon season has been a doosey here too, at least compared to the drought last year.

pretty much done with her for this season. did totally score on craigslist in getting a pretty much brand new softop, with hardware, side and rear window for $75. thing sells for $700 new on quadratec! and i'm 99.9% sure this one wasn't stolen, i just think the person selling it didn't know how much it was really worth.

here's a shot from last weekend, we ran the coney flats/middle st. vrain trail. definintely wouldn't take the pathy (well mine anyway) on this trail

and then here's me going through the 'lake' from the wife's point of view on the walkway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kKuhx_SRlM&hd=1

and from my point of view with the gopro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDV0e7i-U8&hd=1

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 am

Wow, that's beautiful.

And yup, sure thing, I googled that trail and looks to be fairly advanced. Lotsa youtube videos showing the difficulty and quite a few rocky obstacles.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:49 am

'nother day 'nother trail :)

this one was really easy, a stock pathfinder -might- be able to do it. there seemed to be bypasses for most any of the "tough" obstacles.

rest of the set is here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 677&type=3

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Any recent adventures? We just had some snow here about 2 weeks ago, so I know you guys got some then or even earlier, any one get out during that time?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:46 pm

it's started snowing the high country, but nothing sticking here yet. i did take the pathy out looking for changing aspens, but we were a couple weeks too late. however if we time this trail right next time, it should look -awesome-.

can't wait to take the jeep out in some snow too. i want to see how well the yok's i have on it do

boreas pass:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:04 am

doctahjones wrote:it's started snowing the high country, but nothing sticking here yet. i did take the pathy out looking for changing aspens, but we were a couple weeks too late.
Maybe you'll have more luck next week. Still a ton of colors at Vail & lots of other places:

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Most of the Apens here have changed, only lower level fall foliage exists now. I too wanted to go for a ride but they're all done now. :cry:

I hope to post some awesome pics this winter. And hope you fellas do to, nice to be in the Rockys this time of year.

This was a couple of weeks ago about 2hours NE, although, 2 hours because it's a windy road (~65 miles).

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 am

Out of curiosity, do you know your crawl ratio? Or at least R&P gear ratio and xfer case ratio on that thing? Rode with my buddy in his 12 Rubicon, and WOW, that 4:1 xfer case ratio and 4:10 rear end ratio is insane, so much control! No sways and locked crawling up a hill, literally crawling nearly vertical it was awesome.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 am

i don't know what gears or crawl ratio i have in mine.

however, yeah those rubi's are pretty awesome from the factory- lockers and electronicly disconnectable sway bars....but then again mine was $5500+ttl.....and a '12 rubi is more like 30k+ttl :) i have a few other jeep friends that have rubi's and they go up alot more things than mine can. plus being able to fit 33's on stock suspension....

my plan is once my pathy is paid off (another year or so i think) then i'll finance a rubi (used), then sell my tj and use that money for lift + tires...

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:39 pm

softtop is now put away for the winter, and the hardtop with it's new paint job is on. really like the semigloss better than the matte that came on it when i got it. now i need to re-do the fender flares again to match.....maybe also tint the front windows :)

oh yeah and the pathy is all dirty from going boarding a few days ago...was going to wash her but it's supposed to snow again tonight so i'll wait.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 pm

annnnnnnd now the fenders are repainted. but now the front/rear bumpers (and door handles) look like crap. IT NEVER ENDS!!!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:40 pm

JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket. I used to own one and will probably own another in the near future. Loved every minute of my JEEP.

Return to “General Automotive”