New to forum

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Bakerboy

New to forum

Postby Bakerboy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey everyone, new to this forum figured I'd introduce myself here since I'm not interested in the other years.

I Have a 98 Chilkoot Trail edition. I'm a level 3 apprentice in Ontario, Canada about to do my certification, and have gone through my truck inside and out. Fixed most of the problems, still have some, some worse then others (why I am here). For what i know from my truck I will try to help with as much advice as I can.

The problem I have, if anyone can help, is ever since i have bought the vehicle there has been a smell in warmer weather in the interior. More prominent after driving and definitely gear oil. Both diffs and transfer case are not leaking and it's a standard transmission, so I'm figuring it's the shifter seal on top of the tranny. Tryin to take the center console out, I ran into a problem, the 4wd shift knob won't come off. All service manuals i have read says to twist it, same as trans shifter, but won't budge. Tried on another PF of same year and same thing. If someone could tell me if I am wrong and how to actually get the stupid thing off, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks and Cheers.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”