Romik Bull Bars

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

RoNYC

Romik Bull Bars

Postby RoNYC » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Anyone have this on or have seen them on a pathy? In looking at the an online vendor's site, it looks like it mounts at the bottom and at the opening on the bumper http://www.carid.com/2010-nissan-pathfi ... -47446.htm. Not sure if I can post this link, apologies if not allowed.
Thanks

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Looks just like the Westin bull bars. The few pictures I can find don't look like they mount anywhere other than the factory tow hook locations.

RoNYC

Postby RoNYC » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:06 am

Not really looking for collision protection but protection from people who can't park. They actually do not stop backing up until they hit your car. Trying to figure out which driving school they went to. Had a waag front runner on my 02 pathy and it had 4 connection points, 2 at the bottom and 2 that went through the bumper openings. Pretty sturdy, for my purposes anyways. Contacted them about it and I was told that they are not planning on making one at this time.

RoNYC

Postby RoNYC » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am

Not really looking for collision protection but protection from people who can't park. They actually do not stop backing up until they hit your car. Trying to figure out which driving school they went to. Had a waag front runner on my 02 pathy and it had 4 connection points, 2 at the bottom and 2 that went through the bumper openings. Pretty sturdy, for my purposes anyways. Contacted them about it and I was told that they are not planning on making one at this time.

asgard

Postby asgard » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:06 pm

I had a run in with a very large wild turkey, which caused a reasonable amount of damage - still finding feathers.

I started looking for a bull bar - just in case the turkey had an angry brother. I came across this brand and as it was similar to the Westin bar but at a lot less cost i bought one.

fitted onto the tow hook bolt location, a small slot cut in one side and a slight mod to the other - fitted in 30 minutes. looks good

http://www.ariesautomotive.com/applicat ... llbar.html

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for posting the links. The Aries is pretty cheap, although I thought the Westin was also cheap. I might have to break down and get one. I'll goop bedliner all over it because I'm not a fan of visible rust. For myself, I'd only want it for 2 reasons: better tiedown points for my kayaks and the ability to add some nice lights. Does Aries also have a license plate bracket for it like the Westin?

asgard

Postby asgard » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 am

I looked a a couple and thought that it was a reasonable price and the spec for the stainless has the same as the more expensive ones. It fitted without any trouble and has 2 light mounting holes.

I relocated the numberplate using a universal plate backing and put two additional right angled brackets on the top and fixed to the underside of the fender. If I remove it you will never see the holes. It allows full visual of the plate.

If I knew how to get a picture on I could show you the install. Of PM and I can send one if you want

RoNYC

Postby RoNYC » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:52 am

PM sent

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”