2008 Pathfinder, wet pasenger floor also an idling question

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Rett73

2008 Pathfinder, wet pasenger floor also an idling question

Postby Rett73 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 am

Ok this may have been posted already as I am new to the site, I have a 2008 Pathfinder and when i run the AC i get a wet/damp passenger floor/carpet. Could this be the drain hose leaking?
Also when sitting at idle, the vehicle shakes to the point where it is going to stall, never stalled but it has that feel like it wants to. Any suggestions, it does this with or without heat or ac running but is worse when running heat or ac

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:43 am

The wet carpet sounds like the drain hose. I'm surpised because I tried to run a wire thorugh there, and found it to be so crazy well sealed, I had to look elsewhere. Maybe someone kicked it and it is disconnected or something is clogging the line.

I haven't messed with the new drive by wire throttle, so I have no advise there. The older, cable actuated throttle bodies had an idle control valve that sometimes stuck and could be adjusted.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:12 am

You can try cleaning out your throttle body and then going through these re-set procedures.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3726

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 am

The wet floor is from the drain for the air conditioner. it does not poke through the firewall far enough. if you look up from under the truck on the passenger side you will see the drain hose. if you pop it off of the firewall you will see what looks like a plastic nipple poking through. you can add a piece of rubber to extend it out about an inch so it drains into the tube and not into the truck.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: 2008 Pathfinder, wet pasenger floor also an idling quest

Postby disallow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 am

Rett73 wrote:Also when sitting at idle, the vehicle shakes to the point where it is going to stall, never stalled but it has that feel like it wants to. Any suggestions, it does this with or without heat or ac running but is worse when running heat or ac
Have your engine mounts checked.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 pm

pawjr74 wrote:You can try cleaning out your throttle body and then going through these re-set procedures.

Wanting to clean my throttle body. How did you go about doing this?

Thanks.

rragpaoa

Re: 2008 Pathfinder, wet pasenger floor also an idling quest

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Rett73 wrote:Ok this may have been posted already as I am new to the site, I have a 2008 Pathfinder and when i run the AC i get a wet/damp passenger floor/carpet. Could this be the drain hose leaking?
Also when sitting at idle, the vehicle shakes to the point where it is going to stall, never stalled but it has that feel like it wants to. Any suggestions, it does this with or without heat or ac running but is worse when running heat or ac
That's the AC drain hose for sure. I had the same problem on BOTH my 05 and 08. Took it to the dealer under warranty, they replaced the drain hose and problem disappeared since. They did say it was a common problem and replaced it without questions.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:55 pm

rragpaoa wrote:
pawjr74 wrote:You can try cleaning out your throttle body and then going through these re-set procedures.

Wanting to clean my throttle body. How did you go about doing this?

Thanks.
It's pretty easy to access. Just remove the stock resonator at the throttle body and you can get in there and clean it. Mine was pretty dirty. I had to open the butterfly valve and spray it with some throttle body cleaner. I had to use my finger and rub some of the dirtier areas.

Once your done you have to go the the list of steps to re-set all the electrical components. (I think it has to do with moving the butterfly valve)

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:53 pm

pawjr74 wrote:
It's pretty easy to access. Just remove the stock resonator at the throttle body and you can get in there and clean it. Mine was pretty dirty. I had to open the butterfly valve and spray it with some throttle body cleaner. I had to use my finger and rub some of the dirtier areas.

Once your done you have to go the the list of steps to re-set all the electrical components. (I think it has to do with moving the butterfly valve)
Thanks! I have done the reset procedure before when I changed my gearing. It's a bit tricky. All about timing. I have 60K on my 08 now and it's beginning to idle a bit rough.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”