New french guy from Canada

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Matt06

New french guy from Canada

Postby Matt06 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:34 am

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum..so here we go... I have a Nissan Pathfinder SE 2006 4X4 and just installed the AC Deluxe Suspension Package (https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html)

I searched this site a lot in regard to 2 inches lift and decided to go with this package. I got it installed by a Nissan Canada dealership and they also did the alignment. However, they sugest that I find an other place that do lifted truck so they can make more adjustment to the back. Aparently the alignment is in the red and one of the bolt (camber I gesss, I'll will probably have to buy the camber kit) was seased so they did what they could. They did not have spare bolts. I still have no name passenger tires that came with the truck and they are 265/70/16.

So far, my impression on the new kit is that it feel like I am driving a boat... there is so much body roll that it is scary... I am sure my no name tires doesn't help (at 35 psi should be ok) and it feel like I have no shock at the back but only springs. If I go strait, there is no issue, I can let go of the steering and it will keep going strait. However if I get some road bumps, the back of the truck will bounce sideway...The front is ajusted a the highest level so I could get 2 inches at the front like at the back. I guess since the shocks are new they will adjust eventually but am I the only one that experienced this? I wanted to get the new tires and alignement before posting but was just wondering if anyone had troubles with this kit so far.

I have an appointment tomorrow (not a Nissan dealership) to get Goodyear dura track 265/75/16 and a new alignment. Hopefully they will be able to fix this...
Last edited by Matt06 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:42 am

Welcome to the forums... Post some pics!...... Triffid

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:02 am

Welcome, mine is basically the same setup minus the rear shocks, and I was able to get everything align perfectly, as for the bumps, it might be due to it not being align perfectly because Im not having that issue. Post some pics.

Matt06

Postby Matt06 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:32 am

Thanks, yep I'll post some pics with the new tires and alignment. If I dont't crash it before I get to the shop. Well I guess the alignment is not as close to specs as Nissan made me believe. No wonder they sugest I go to an other shop to get some adjustment made. Anyway, I have been working since I got it installed and did not have a chance to take any new measures since it's been installed. I took them before tought. I like the new look so hopefully a new alignment with new tires will fix the problem.

I'll keep it slow until then. I'll keep you posted.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:45 pm

welcome

Matt06

Postby Matt06 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:20 am

Before the lift:

My Path by Matt1493, on Flickr
001 - Copy by Matt1493, on Flickr[/img]
My Path by Matt1493, on Flickr

Pics with the lift installed will follow...

Matt06

Postby Matt06 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:23 am

Bad news...will have to wait till Friday for the garage to get the camber kit and some bushings for the alignment (it would take 2 days for them to get them but my next availability is only Friday). Apparently, the alignment is off quit a bit at the back. Cannot drive on the highway for now cause the back is too much off...
I knew I wasn't crazy and something was really wrong. As for the tires, I will wait after the alignment.

I thought Nissan were used to install lift kit on Xterra so I would have had a proper installation and alignment with them but the guy that installed it used to work for Jeep. They also told me that some other dealership would have refused to install the kit. I should have went to the goodyear shop for the installation instead...look like they know their stuff better, at least they confirmed my truck would be dangerous to drive on the highway right now...
Hopefully with the camber kit and some new bushings they will be able to adjust the back so I can keep the lift on. At worst I could keep the new shocks, replace the back coil spring with the original one and set up the front shocks at the lower setting I guess but I don't want that!!!

Matt06

Postby Matt06 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Alignment issue resolved...a few nuts and bolts with a new rear passenger side suspension link.

Before:
ImageMy Path by Matt1493, on Flickr[/img]

After:
Image2'' lift by Matt1493, on Flickr

patrick23

Postby patrick23 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:23 pm

your truck is looking good!!

I just noticed you're in Gatineau! I'm in Val-des-monts and go to Gatineau all the time....

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”