**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Awsome PF. welcome :D

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:54 am

This is an awesome beast! I used to have a Wrangler lifted on 33's...

I would love to know the specs of the diesel (HP,torque, fuel economy, etc) and wish it was availalbe here.

Did you have to change the diff gears to overcome the new tire diameter? In my Jeep I went to 4.54's which was slighly short (4.27 gears would have been equivilant to stock) but gave a better low end performance at the sacrifice of fuel economy...

remyek

Postby remyek » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 am

kelleyo wrote:This is an awesome beast! I used to have a Wrangler lifted on 33's...

I would love to know the specs of the diesel (HP,torque, fuel economy, etc) and wish it was availalbe here.

Did you have to change the diff gears to overcome the new tire diameter? In my Jeep I went to 4.54's which was slighly short (4.27 gears would have been equivilant to stock) but gave a better low end performance at the sacrifice of fuel economy...
Thank you. No I have not changed the gear ratio, it´s not crucial on the 35". However, it uses 4th gear pretty fast there is a slight uphil on the highway and the fueleconomy has gone up by .5. I will ligt it more and try on some 37 or 38" and then I need to think about the gear ratio on the diff.... but it seems hard to find a replacement to the pathfinder? The diesel is 2.5L DCI engine. It has 176hp and 403nm (torque). However when I remoce the DPF (diesel particle filter) I instantly gain around 38nm and some hp. With a race chip tuning it will produce 220hp and 500nm.

defender

Postby defender » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:04 am

Hi Remyek! If you tune your diesel with a race chip (and I mean http://www.racechip.de) please share the goods and the bads.

remyek

Postby remyek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:26 am

defender wrote:Hi Remyek! If you tune your diesel with a race chip (and I mean http://www.racechip.de) please share the goods and the bads.
Oh, no I would never use a tuning box like that! What I have in mind is seriel chiptuning. Through obd II port and reprogramming the brain´s softeware. A tuning box like that changes few parameters. Like how much fueld thats is pumped in. The engine reposne to more fuel is more preassuere from the turboe etc. There has been major tests on the subject and most of them did noe give you any gain, a couple did but that was like 50% of the promissed and some even damaged you engine. When they reprogramme the software they change over 60 - 100 command strings to get every comonent in the engine´s function to work propper!

defender

Postby defender » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:35 am

I suspected that you will say that. But this box is the only one that our Nissan dealer installs without warranty problems. Maybe because it does nothing :))

Have any links on this topic (box vs. chip tuning)?

remyek

Postby remyek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 am

defender wrote:I suspected that you will say that. But this box is the only one that our Nissan dealer installs without warranty problems. Maybe because it does nothing :))

Have any links on this topic (box vs. chip tuning)?
Not in english but in norwegian. I´m sure you will find many test´s about this if you search on google. I have NEVER understood people that care for their cars, using thousands of dollars on quality parts and end up with something so destructive and primitive in their beloved car :)

defender

Postby defender » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:46 am

If I will chiptuning my Nissan I will lose the warranty :(

remyek

Postby remyek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:49 am

defender wrote:If I will chiptuning my Nissan I will lose the warranty :(
first of the dealership can´t really see the changes made, and most of the tuners here in Norway are showing great customer service. If anything really bad happend to you car get it towed to them, they reset the brain with the downloaded SW and restores it for you to go to the shop. If there is somwthing wrong with tranny, engine etc. For all other issues they would never know... the can feel it, but they can´t really prove it... why? The brain is locked with pw protection ;)

defender

Postby defender » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 am

Aha. Good to know.

keefie

Postby keefie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Remyek,

Really nice rig :D I have bought the Artic truck rims recently. How much of a body lift did you need for the rims to be able to turn freely at the front?

Many Thanks

Keith

remyek

Postby remyek » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 pm

keefie wrote:Hi Remyek,

Really nice rig :D I have bought the Artic truck rims recently. How much of a body lift did you need for the rims to be able to turn freely at the front?

Many Thanks

Keith
It´s lifted 50mm on the body and just a little on the front shocks...

remyek

Postby remyek » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:37 pm

Have been at the west coast of Norway this week fishing, did some quick shots of the car as well.... were a bit concerned about how the tires would manage the icy roads over the mountain... suprisingly VERY well... thats nice, eventhough I think I will use Procomp 37" AT tires when the suspension lift is on....

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 am

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:14 am

I am really diggin the way that looks... It reminds me of a bull dog... wide and mean looking!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”