Transmission???

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Mitch22

Transmission???

Postby Mitch22 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi all,

I have had a 95 PF for about 3 years, and nothing has gone wrong before now, so here I am... Just started today...

The coolant is leaking at the radiator, but the hose looks a little loose... Will wait and tighten / inspect... I assume that has nothing to with this:

There is a lot of heat coming from the 4x4 shift area, I peeled away the rubber boot, and it's hot as well...

Sorry to be so vague, but it's not doing anything else that I can see

Thanks

05Pathfinder

Postby 05Pathfinder » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Do a search for rad fluid leaking in trans. If this has happened then your trans is pooched. To determine if this has happened check your fluid and if its milky then thats what happened.

Good luck.

Mitch22

Postby Mitch22 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks, I'll check that...

Mitch22

Update

Postby Mitch22 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Last night, I added a quart of trans fluid, then ran it today about 30 miles trying to get some other symptom to manifest... All that happens is it ticks a little every once in a while... It goes into gear fine, reverse fine... I wouldn't know of a problem if it wasn't so hot

It leaks a little trans fluid, but has since I got it with no major problem... The fluid is clean on the cardboard below and on the dipstick

I would have it up on a lift tearing it apart, but it's my daily driver, so I'm hoping to figure it out here...

Return to “General Automotive”