05 pathfinder

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

FetcherPath

05 pathfinder

Postby FetcherPath » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm new to Nissan and just bought my 05 pathy LE about a month ago. I love it so far. I have just crossed the 80000 mile mark. I've got an aftermarket k&n filter, other than that its factory. I am interested in improving.fuel performance. I am currently at about 16-18 in the city and 22-24 hwy.

Id be interested in getting some electronics upgrades. What does everyone recommend?

Will post some pics soon.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 05 pathfinder

Postby eieio » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:10 pm

FetcherPath wrote:I'm new to Nissan and just bought my 05 pathy LE about a month ago. I love it so far. I have just crossed the 80000 mile mark. I've got an aftermarket k&n filter, other than that its factory. I am interested in improving.fuel performance. I am currently at about 16-18 in the city and 22-24 hwy.

Id be interested in getting some electronics upgrades. What does everyone recommend?

Will post some pics soon.
before you consider anything else, i recommend that you be sure to be aware of this potential problem, especially as you are beyond the mileage limit of extended warranty coverage for this issue.
http://www.nissanassist.com/web/Radiato ... hp?menu=21
BTW: welcome to The Nissan Path! :)

FetcherPath

Postby FetcherPath » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks for the info, unfortunately Im over 80k miles. If something happens I guess Im SOL.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 am

FetcherPath wrote:Thanks for the info, unfortunately Im over 80k miles. If something happens I guess Im SOL.
you can by-pass the internal trans cooler in the radiator to prevent transmission damage, or replace the radiator
the bypass is easy to do, and does not involve replacement or installation of any new parts
info here:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2139
takes about 45 minutes to do! :)

Return to “General Automotive”