Nissan Altima tranny problem

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

gators_2006

Nissan Altima tranny problem

Postby gators_2006 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 am

Besides having my 07 pathy, I also have a 97 altima. When replacing the radio, I blew a fuse that said "Electronic Equip" or something of the sorts. When this happened, no matter what gear I put it in, it would only stay in second gear. When taking off it was in second and would never shift out. Got that problem fixed but now here's my other problem.

It won't go into first when shifter is in D. This is how I drive it. Crank up, put it in 2ND (which it will start out in 1st, then shifts to 2nd) and then once it shifts into 2nd, I put it into D so it can finish shifting out until OD. Funny thing is, is that I only have to do it the first time I take off. After that, I can leave it in D and it hits all gears perfect and with no slipping or jerks. I can come to a complete stop and it will take off in 1st. It just will not hit 1st when I put it in D for the first time after I crank up. Any suggestions.

If it helps, the guy I got it from did a DIY tranny filter change and I don't know if he used the right fluid or not. This started shortly after I got it. Could it be bad fluid/incorrect fluid?

Return to “General Automotive”