Accessories from down under

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Accessories from down under

Postby NVSteve » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:02 pm

A few interesting items available in Australia for the R51. I would imagine they could be installed on our Pathfinders as well, although it might involve a few emails & forwarding of photos. I was trying to source a Nissan parts department in Oz with an online catalog, specifically for the headlights. No luck. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like projectors are available on some models. When I was in Europe a few months ago, I didn't see one single Pathfinder that had projectors-they were all reflectors. And hell if I could find an actual dealer to talk to.

Rear Air Guide:

Alloy Nudge Bar:

Poly Envirobar:

Alloy Bullbar:

fotodadi

Postby fotodadi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:40 am

YUMMY YUM YUM!!!!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:03 am

Nice find.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:22 pm

I tried contacting Australian Nissan dealers for some accessories in the past - they say they can not sell outside of the continent. I would imagine it will be ok with other vendors, not associated with Nissan?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:09 pm

The links I have posted go to an Ebay seller who states he "will ship anywhere."

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 am

NVSteve wrote:The links I have posted go to an Ebay seller who states he "will ship anywhere."
Not the rear spoiler though. He states local pick up only.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:36 pm

hfrez wrote:
NVSteve wrote:The links I have posted go to an Ebay seller who states he "will ship anywhere."
Not the rear spoiler though. He states local pick up only.
I just shot him an email about it. I'll buy one if the shipping isn't too outrageous.

Gumby

Go aftermarket not Nissan

Postby Gumby » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:03 am

If you google ARB or Opposite Lock in Australia you will find a range of bars and accessories that will suit your Pathfinder. There are a number of other suppliers as well as it is big business here.

Not sure about your wildlife but the alloy bars are not the best for protection. I had one and clipped a Kangaroo at about 20kph whilst heavily braking to avoid it. The result was a badly bent bar (thankfully no damage to the truck) and an insurance claim to replace it. Went for a steel bar after that experience.

The Nissan Bars would barely save you body damage if you hit a 90 year old pedestrian at 10kph in a parking lot.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Received a reply about the rear air guide:
Thank you for your enquiry.We would be happy to send these over to the US. The freight cost would be high depending on the number and the destination. For a single unit sent via Air Mail you would be looking around $140, although I would need to confirm this once I had your exact delivery address.

Best Regards,- northern_motor_group
So, less than $300. I can't remember what Carl paid for his, but I thought it was kind of expensive. I replied back to him with a request for additional photos. I might bite on this.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Go aftermarket not Nissan

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Gumby wrote:Not sure about your wildlife but the alloy bars are not the best for protection. I had one and clipped a Kangaroo at about 20kph whilst heavily braking to avoid it. The result was a badly bent bar (thankfully no damage to the truck) and an insurance claim to replace it. Went for a steel bar after that experience.
Deer, moose, coyotes, cows and horses where I drive. However, even if I had the front end of a military tank attached, hitting a cow or horse would still probably end up killing me. I've seen too many accidents back home where horses have gone through the windscreen. My girlfriend drives 130 miles (one way) to work each day, and half those miles are through what's known as "open range," meaning no fences to keep the cows off the road. Nailing a cow at 75mph pretty much obliterates the front end of any vehicle. If I got a front bumper, it would have to be something solid like the ARB. Anything else is pretty much just bling. I know that the Europeans have to go with poly, but that is strictly because of pedestrians.

Gumby

Wildlife hazzards

Postby Gumby » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 am

Yes agree completely; there is no substitute for a steel bar. We don't generally have Deer (except near a few National Parks where they are feral pests) and no Moose at all to contend with but Bulls, Cows and Horses we've got aplenty. Sheep are also a problem in some areas.

The Kangaroos are suicidal much of the time and Emu's are just crazy, often running flatout parallel to your car so as they can cut in front of you to get to the other side of the road. They can't comprehend to slow down, let you pass and go behind. Both Kangaroos and Emus can go up over the bonnet.

Wild Pigs are common, particularly after the wet and a big boar or sow can hurt you badly if you hit one at speed. Like Wombats though, they tend to do more damage to your suspension than grill and panel work as you usually go over them.

They're not common in most areas other than the tropics, but it doesn't help your cause at all if you hit a Water Buffalo; tends to ruin your day completely and I wouldn't begin to imagine what a camel would do to your truck if you hit one at speed. However they tend to be found mainly in desert areas where you would be travelling at low speed anyway.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”