Would you buy an SE or an LE if given the choice

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

stewcolvey

Would you buy an SE or an LE if given the choice

Postby stewcolvey » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi, Kinda a noob here and have been lurking for a while because I'm in the market for a pathy. They come up quite often here in Cali, but wondering if I should get an SE or LE? Are there any known problems of either that would change your mind? I know the LE is the top of the line, but if top of the line brings top of the line problems too, then I'll consider the SE. What are your thoughts?

zymol75

Postby zymol75 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:56 pm

SE is Sport edition. LE is Lux edition. all have same engines and most options. the Xe is the lesser of all as it is parred down. the trim is gonna be the biggest differences and maybe the electronics like stereo and possibly a sunroof or something. oh and color choices and wheels. My fav of all the R50 chassis is the steel blue in the 04 LE with light wood/tan interior trim, smoke glass with 17 inch wheels. absolute dream truck.

newpath

Postby newpath » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:56 pm

I think the only difference between the two that is you can only get in the LE and is not an option in SE is the way you engage 4WD. LE has "switch on the fly" with auto mode. So you can have it in regular 2wd, set it to auto so that it senses wheel slip and engages 4WD for you, and also has 4wd hi and lo settings you can engage. I personally like these functions better but I know some guys who like the "manual" way of throwing a shift knob. I also think that the bose system is only an LE option as well. So nothing really significant to many people.

Jack Dawkins

Postby Jack Dawkins » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 am

Newpath: I have the Bose system in a 2002 SE. Now I'm curious what the original options/packages were. Anyone have any 2002 sales materials?

P.S. Love the Norman Maclean quote.

newpath

Postby newpath » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Ok. I really have no idea how they packaged things. I have an LE and the only thing in it that seems like it would be an inconvenience is the Auto 4wd system. Everything else seems to be the same. I have the fake wood grain too. Maybe that's part of the LE package too?

P.S. Love the Norman Maclean quote.[/quote]
Thanks ^

newpath

Postby newpath » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 pm

zymol75 wrote:SE is Sport edition. LE is Lux edition. all have same engines and most options. the Xe is the lesser of all as it is parred down. the trim is gonna be the biggest differences and maybe the electronics like stereo and possibly a sunroof or something. oh and color choices and wheels. My fav of all the R50 chassis is the steel blue in the 04 LE with light wood/tan interior trim, smoke glass with 17 inch wheels. absolute dream truck.

Love that color! If I had to paint mine for whatever reason...this is what I decided. I've never seen one in that color though. Too bad I didn't find one when I was looking.

Postby 90210 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:15 pm

If you are in CA, hit me up, always looking for local pathy owners.

I prefer the SE , which is what I bought. It has sportier looking grille and wheels.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”