2013 Pathfinder will be the re-design

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:47 pm

So I was watching TV this past weekend and saw this Commercial about the F-alpha platform SUVs made by Nissan. They claim fame to the last SUVs built on truck frames. However as we see in this thread, that is no longer the case. It's a sad day that the 2013 Pathfinder creators are killing the Pathfinder name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a94pCrXsXnc

:( Shame

dirtygirl660

Postby dirtygirl660 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:16 pm

So glad you posted that video. I heard about it but never saw it. Im hoping that maybe NISSAN will come to their senses and change it back someday. But probably NOT. :cry: :cry: :cry:

dirtygirl660

Postby dirtygirl660 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Id just love to see that new Pathfinder climb some of the hillclimbs I have seen in videos that the current Pathfinder does :lol: . The ones where the truck is stock from what I can tell. :lol:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:39 am

Some new shots. Also amusing to read through the comments:

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightlin ... erior.html

Article from the New York auto show. This portion is simply depressing:
When a production version is unveiled later this year, it will face off against several newly unveiled crossover models: an all-new 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe and updated versions of the Buick Enclave and Chevrolet Traverse, as well as the Explorer and such models as the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/04/06/ ... auto-show/

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 pm

NVSteve wrote:Article from the New York auto show. This portion is simply depressing:
Depressing for people like us who want towing and off-road capability, but it's probably the right business decision for Nissan. Look at what the Exploder has done since it's unibody redesign.

mrredskin

Postby mrredskin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 am

Godzilla, this is an insult to the Pathfinder name.

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:14 am

if you want a real Pathfinder, buy an X-Terra.

They are in-line size and capability wise with the old Pathy, it's just a name.

The word "Pathfinder" is 2013 for soccermom unibody aero-turd.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:46 am

I guess the real question is...

Are we going to allow them to become members of this forum? I know we have sub sections for the year groups, but where the 2013 is no longer an SUV, now a CUV, should they even be allowed to have a subsection on our forum. I know we are all about the greater good, sharing and learning, but when the car is so different then the previous generations I don't know if it belongs here. Just food for thought.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 am

You raise a good point. I don't think it's a matter of should we include the new version of the Pathfinder on the forum but rather will there even be a demand for such a subforum. The new model seems to cater to a different customer base than the R51 and older models. Most of the discussion here is about towing, mods, and repairs. I don't see much a of need for the first two and any repairs to the new model should be covered under warranty for awhile anyway. I suggest adding a subforum for future models and at least have a good place to bash, i mean discuss, the 2013 model.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 am

BattleWagon wrote:if you want a real Pathfinder, buy an X-Terra.
Thinking about it. If they do away with the X completely, I'll order a new one before they are gone. I'm holding out to see what happens with the X, now that the Path is no longer a consideration. I'm hoping that if the X continues, the redesign will be cool (not lame like the new Pukefinder) with a bit better mpg.

dirtygirl660

Postby dirtygirl660 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Im new but I dont think that the new Pathfinder should be in the same group as the real off road, truck frame, real engine, TRUE SUV section. Thats just my opinion. If you watch the video when they test it for winter driving I Paused when they showed ther idea of the 4wd switch and it doesnt have low range. I like to go places when we get blizzard they tell you to stay home and im on the road with all the trucks cause all the crossovers are sitting in there garage cant even get out of driveway. :D :D :D

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm

dirtygirl660 wrote:Im new but I dont think that the new Pathfinder should be in the same group as the real off road, truck frame, real engine, TRUE SUV section. Thats just my opinion. If you watch the video when they test it for winter driving I Paused when they showed ther idea of the 4wd switch and it doesnt have low range. I like to go places when we get blizzard they tell you to stay home and im on the road with all the trucks cause all the crossovers are sitting in there garage cant even get out of driveway. :D :D :D
You are the new members we need, Not some stupid soccer mom who thinks the new pathfinder is "cute"

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 am

dared3vil00 wrote: You are the new members we need, Not some stupid soccer mom who thinks the new pathfinder is "cute"
I think it's cute. Of course if I actually wanted a cute daily-driver I'd buy a CRV :shock: The new PF will outsell the old one by a wide margin. People do not want/appreciate the current gen type of vehicle...which is why they're going away. That and CAFE regs...bastards!

gond34

Postby gond34 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:19 am

Kinda funny thing happened to me on Saturday... I was at the Peoria Nissan dealership just "sniffing around" to see if they had a "newer" PF sitting on the lot that I might be able to trade my '07 for before the new model arrives. They conveniently were having one of those "tent events" so every manager was snuggling up to customers as well. I had the sales manager approach me as I was looking at a used 2012 and he said,"If you wait just a few months, you'll be able to get a new 2013 PF for about the same price!" He just stared at me blankly when I responded with, "There's no way in hell you would catch me driving one of those soccer mom's piss poor excuse for a Pathfinder. All it needs is sliding doors!" He then responded with, "Oh really? I haven't even seen the new design yet..." Thanks to this forum, I was able to tell him more about the car that will be on his showroom floor in a few months than Nissan had even clued him in on. Pretty entertaining, really :)

PathfindingCoug

Postby PathfindingCoug » Tue May 08, 2012 10:51 am

gond34 wrote:Kinda funny thing happened to me on Saturday... I was at the Peoria Nissan dealership just "sniffing around" to see if they had a "newer" PF sitting on the lot that I might be able to trade my '07 for before the new model arrives. They conveniently were having one of those "tent events" so every manager was snuggling up to customers as well. I had the sales manager approach me as I was looking at a used 2012 and he said,"If you wait just a few months, you'll be able to get a new 2013 PF for about the same price!" He just stared at me blankly when I responded with, "There's no way in hell you would catch me driving one of those soccer mom's piss poor excuse for a Pathfinder. All it needs is sliding doors!" He then responded with, "Oh really? I haven't even seen the new design yet..." Thanks to this forum, I was able to tell him more about the car that will be on his showroom floor in a few months than Nissan had even clued him in on. Pretty entertaining, really :)

My guess is he knows full well what the redesign will look like and was simply trying to cover up for looking foolish. He had you pinned for a sap which clearly you showed him you are not.

I would have paid good money to see this in person.

Return to “R52 General Chat”