2013 Pathfinder will be the re-design

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm

gond34 wrote:He just stared at me blankly when I responded with, "There's no way in hell you would catch me driving one of those soccer mom's piss poor excuse for a Pathfinder. All it needs is sliding doors!"
:lol: Classic. Way to let him know!

dirtygirl660

Postby dirtygirl660 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Its ashame how some salesman are. Some really dont no anything then there are guys who think they do or they make stuff up to make themselves look like they have a clue. I hope it doesnt discourage you from buying one of the last Pathfinders. Try another dealer. goodluck :D

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 am

Found this in a magazine this month. The R51 lives on & funny there was no mention of the 2013 model.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Fri May 18, 2012 9:19 am

^Stupid question about that article :?:

2WD vs 4WD model?? I have the SV model with the RWD/4Hi/4Lo switch. Do I have a 2WD or 4WD model? I'm guessing 4WD. Are there Pathys that are only 2WDs?

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:27 am

you'll still get an SUV built on a boxed all-steel ladder frame (many other brands have switched to unibody construction)
awkward much? :?

when they released the new Patrol in the gulf and middle east (not available in US) they released both the old and new shapes, meaning you can choose a 2012 old shape Patrol or a more expensive 2012 new shape. i'm hoping they do the same with the pathfinder and give us a choice to keep the old shape.

both these are 2012 Nissan Patrol:

Image Image

also yes there are pathys that are only 2WD. the 4WD selector switch comes as a grey disc.

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Fri May 18, 2012 10:46 am

I never did understand why you would want to get an SUV with just 2wd. If that's the case, just get a full size van instead of a minivan.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 pm

1armyguy wrote:I never did understand why you would want to get an SUV with just 2wd. If that's the case, just get a full size van instead of a minivan.
A lot of people in the US will never, ever use or have a need for 4wd. If I lived in SoCal and never left the city, what use is a 4x4? It blows me away here in Utah that so many people I meet have never even been outside the state, nor any of the cool & scenic places within the state, which means they are strictly pavement pushers. While it does snow here, the few times a year where a 4x4 would be mandatory just isn't enough to sway a lot of people into buying one.

Then again, I laugh my ass off every single time I drive anywhere in Califonia and see all the massive 4x4's with idiotic lowered suspension and 5" wheels.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Fri May 18, 2012 12:48 pm

mar1 wrote:also yes there are pathys that are only 2WD. the 4WD selector switch comes as a grey disc.

http://l.yimg.com/dv/izp/nissan_pathfin ... hboard.jpg
8) Okay thanks!

NVSteve wrote:Then again, I laugh my ass off every single time I drive anywhere in Califonia and see all the massive 4x4's with idiotic lowered suspension and 5" wheels.
Don't tell me you wouldn't want to get these? They will never go flat :lol:

And yes, I've seen a lot of pick up trucks and SUVs, mostly in the Southern states that are only 2WD. No snow or off roading = no need for 4WD. My father in-law, originally form Texas, use to have a FWD Ford Explorer :lol:
Last edited by FLiPMaRC on Thu May 24, 2012 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 pm

1armyguy wrote:I never did understand why you would want to get an SUV with just 2wd. If that's the case, just get a full size van instead of a minivan.

My Pathy is 2wd although I would much prefer to have 4wd. But I've had it 2 1/2 years and have never had a need for it. There really isn't here in the south and that also makes it hard to find 4wd models. If I think I may need traction to all 4 wheels then I take this. :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun May 20, 2012 10:47 pm

"when they released the new Patrol in the gulf and middle east (not available in US)..."

The current Infiniti Q56 in the US is actually a rebadged Nissan Patrol.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:13 am

smj999smj wrote: The current Infiniti Q56 in the US is actually a rebadged Nissan Patrol.
90% true. we got both here. its not just rebadging there are some differences interior as well as looks.

same like the older model QX56 was the Armada lookalike with "fancier" features.

res0ippr

Postby res0ippr » Wed May 23, 2012 4:42 pm

[quote="NVSteve"]Found this in a magazine this month. The R51 lives on & funny there was no mention of the 2013

It is always a marketing thing to get rid of old models. I would like to see though how they will market the 2013 and what "improvements" they will claim over the older style. I personally think the new 2013 shouldn't be a pathy... murano look alike all the way.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 24, 2012 12:48 am

The one thing they mentioning already about the new Pathy is better gas mileage. Can't complain about that! It really is a nice vehicle based on what I saw of the Infiniti "sister" to it at an auto show. BUT, I whole-heartedly agree that it shouldn't wear the "Pathfinder" badge. Give it a new name and retire the Pathfinder name if they want to replace it with a unibody SUV. I borderline consider the R50's as Pathfinders, as it is! ;)

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Thu May 24, 2012 5:45 am

NVSteve wrote:
A lot of people in the US will never, ever use or have a need for 4wd. If I lived in SoCal and never left the city, what use is a 4x4? It blows me away here in Utah that so many people I meet have never even been outside the state, nor any of the cool & scenic places within the state, which means they are strictly pavement pushers. While it does snow here, the few times a year where a 4x4 would be mandatory just isn't enough to sway a lot of people into buying one.

Then again, I laugh my ass off every single time I drive anywhere in Califonia and see all the massive 4x4's with idiotic lowered suspension and 5" wheels.
Very true NVSteve. Of course if I have a 4x4, I will find a way to use the 4 wheel drive. LOL

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:05 am

I don't have 4-wheel drive and I'm out in Hawaii, it would have cost me on average about 5 grand more and it would have put my insurance through the roof just because there are so many places to off road here, If I had unlimited finances sure I would go for it but since, I rarely ever find the need for the 4WD anyways it was pointless for me to find a vehicle with it.

Return to “R52 General Chat”