Floor liners: Husky or Weathertech?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Which mats do you prefer?

Husky liners
28%
Weathertech
72%

Total votes: 18

Zen_master

Floor liners: Husky or Weathertech?

Postby Zen_master » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:29 pm

I drive a 2011 LE V8 and would like to preserve the carpet as long as possible for resale purposes. I've had good success with Husky liners on a previous vehicle (Jeep). However, I purchased the Husky liners before Weathertech was on the market offering an alternative.

My primary objective is for the liners to contain whatever mess I bring into the vehicle on my shoes. For example, in the winter when snow melts from your shoes I want it to puddle on the liner and not leak onto the carpet or threshold. The Husky liners on my Jeep acted as a self-containing tray for mud, dirt, gravel, water, etc. Just wondering if anyone has experience with Husky or Weathertech on an R51 Pathfinder and can comment on them.

In reviewing the product offerings I'm thinking I'd be in the market for the DigitalFit from Weathertech since it appears to have the self-containing lip vs. the all-weather mats which are glorified factory car mats. As for Husky they apparently only offer the Original liner for the R51 PF.

Both are shown below.

http://www.weathertech.com/nissan/2011/pathfinder/

http://www.huskyliners.com/site/?callHa ... t&catID=18

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:57 pm

When I bought my Pathy, the dealer threw in the Nissan liners which are actually the Weathtech DigitalFit liners. They fit great, wrap up along the sides and clean up easy. I use them most of the year and use the carpet mats, in the summer months. After two years, they still look like new. After cleaning of course. 8)

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:48 pm

I have the weather tech mats. They've worked great.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:40 am

Thank you both for your replies. So far it appears it's 2 for Weathertech, zip for Husky.

Oly 22 wrote:When I bought my Pathy, the dealer threw in the Nissan liners which are actually the Weathtech DigitalFit liners. They fit great, wrap up along the sides and clean up easy. I use them most of the year and use the carpet mats, in the summer months. After two years, they still look like new. After cleaning of course. 8)
Just want to clarify, these are Nissan branded liners made by Weathertech? Do you happen to know the part number? Before looking into aftermarket manufacturers I checked Nissan's online parts & accessories webpage and all I could find were carpeted mats (which I already have) and all-weather mats -- the latter of which were not the molded floor liners similar to what Husky offers or the Weathertech DigitalFit.

Here is what I'm seeing. Perhaps they don't make them for the 2008-2012 refresh?

http://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanParts/ ... ayType=int

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:25 am

Negative. Nissan no longer makes all weather mats. All the Nissan dealers I've visited sell the weathertech liners in their parts department. I found mine on this site in the classifieds section. I got the front set, middle set as weathertech and the cargo husky mat. I'm actually been trying to sell it. I use my 3rd row more than I thought and don't need the mat.

nismofan

Postby nismofan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:09 am

If you have budget, get the weathertech. I like the texture of the mat and there's more grip when wet.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:34 am

thought i had already posted on this, but i don't see my response?

anyway, i got the husky ones from 05pathyse.

they're not bad, definitely better than the carpet ones if you're going to be getting dirty. however they are slightly slick so i'm not sure how they'll do once winter rolls around. price was good enough for me to bite on them though

ReynMan83

Postby ReynMan83 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:46 am

i have the husky. no problems with it at all, it was a bit cheaper, and maybe not as good as the weathertech? but for a cargo mat, it more than does the job while looking good as well.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 am

I modified your original post with a poll to allow members to vote. Hope you don't mind.

Scott Spencer

Postby Scott Spencer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Here is another R51 driver who uses and really likes the Husky mats.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Thank you all for the replies.

It is difficult for me to tell from the manufacturer photos so I am wondering if any owners of Husky or Weathertech can comment... Do either of these brands have a raised lip all the way around that would keep melted snow (aka: water) contained instead of permitting it to roll off the mat onto the carpet?

I have some Husky's for my Jeep and due to the floor pan being two inches deeper than the kick panel / threshold the Husky liners would likely hold 20 ounces or more of liquid without it running over the edges onto the carpet.

Wondering how effective Husky or Weathertech are for the R51 at keeping fluids on the liner and off the carpet.

Thanks

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:06 am

I've been using the husky one behind the middle row for the last year and half, it's been fine. Minor inconvenience to take it out when I need the third row up, but that would be the same no matter the brand. There's about a two inch lip all the way around, it has succesfully contained dog vomit and a leaking cooler (although not at the same time) and I have no complaints.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 am

they huskys i have for the front do have a lip around the whole thing, so it would contain any liquids.

however i'm not so fond of the lip or the liners during the summer/dry months, so for now i have them back out. but if we do any hiking or things that would dirty it up, i'll put them back in. only takes a second.

i'll try to get some pics here in a bit. still need to get a few shots of my diy cargo cover i've had for awhile now....

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Thank, lead. Thanks, doctah. Looking forward to the pics.

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:17 am

Zen_master wrote:Thank, lead. Thanks, doctah. Looking forward to the pics.
I used this pic elsewhere in the forum in response to a question about the dog barrier, but you can see the liner and lip pretty well. The shape is specific enough that it fits nicely around the wheel wells and doesn't shift. I'm sure that's true of the weathertechs as well, but since I couldn't see much difference my primary motivation was price.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”