Performance Chips

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

akley88

Postby akley88 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 am

I believe uprev can disable o2s but it costs more. I'm gonna get the bullydog cause I could use more power now.

Clay350

Postby Clay350 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Do any of these modules give you the ability to adjust transmission shift characteristics? Does anyone have a module on a V8 pathfinder?

ThePainClinic

Postby ThePainClinic » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:47 pm

disallow wrote:If you want to try out my superchips, you are more than welcome.
The Superchips Cortex is supposed to be multi vin...what model are you using?

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Bully Dog seems to be popular. If anyone is running it on a V8, can you report dyno and mpg numbers before and after?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:13 am

I know doctajones is running a bullydog on his V8

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 am

i had a dyno done, but only got one pull to record. i had gotten a deal of 3 pulls for $20, but since it's an auto and you can't lock it in 3rd the tech blew the first two pulls. once i told him to not floor it until he's at ~3200rpm or more he got -a- pull.

i got 276hp and 297tq to record, but remember that's at 3200 rpms or more. not really a 'true' dyno but at least gives a good idea. i always feel there's more pull around the 2500ish range.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8196

forgot to mention on that post that i was also running the 285/65 tires at that time, so that adds a bunch of rotational weight to slow me down

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:24 pm

doctahjones wrote:i had a dyno done, but only got one pull to record. i had gotten a deal of 3 pulls for $20, but since it's an auto and you can't lock it in 3rd the tech blew the first two pulls. once i told him to not floor it until he's at ~3200rpm or more he got -a- pull.

i got 276hp and 297tq to record, but remember that's at 3200 rpms or more. not really a 'true' dyno but at least gives a good idea. i always feel there's more pull around the 2500ish range.

forgot to mention on that post that i was also running the 285/65 tires at that time, so that adds a bunch of rotational weight to slow me down
Any guesses what the R51 drivetrain zaps from the power plant? I think conventional wisdom is 15% loss for manual and 20% loss for autos. Do you feel the R51 subscribes to this crude estimation of flywheel HP to rear wheel HP?

e.g.) flywheel HP in your case would be 276/.8=345HP

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Zen_master wrote:
doctahjones wrote:i had a dyno done, but only got one pull to record. i had gotten a deal of 3 pulls for $20, but since it's an auto and you can't lock it in 3rd the tech blew the first two pulls. once i told him to not floor it until he's at ~3200rpm or more he got -a- pull.

Any guesses what the R51 drivetrain zaps from the power plant? I think conventional wisdom is 15% loss for manual and 20% loss for autos. Do you feel the R51 subscribes to this crude estimation of flywheel HP to rear wheel HP?

e.g.) flywheel HP in your case would be 276/.8=345HP

that might be a pretty good estimate. it's supposedly 310 from factory, and bully dog supposedly adds up to ~30hp.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Which Bully Dog do you have, doctah? Part/model number?

I'm going to research this a bit. If I can get 30 flywheel HP without a significant drop in MPG I'm all over that. Must you run premium fuel?

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:17 pm

the bully dog part number that im running is the 40410. premium tune provides the best power increase i believe. i couldnt figure out why i didnt feel much of a power increase from the bully dog. then i realized that my air filter was black and caked with crap. so i cleaned that and the maf sensor so im hoping that i will now feel a better power increase.

festerfm

Postby festerfm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 pm

chuck_d_54 wrote:Is this a waste of my money??? Seems too good to be true!

http://www.gfchips.com/nissanpathfinder.aspx

Add 30 HP and gain about 5mpg on avg for a $70 chip, seems fishy
if you read how to install it it says that it just wires into your intake air temp sensor. think of it like this. u'r truck wants to know the temperature of the air so it has an idea how to fine tune the amount of fuel that goes into the engine. cold air is more dense than hot so more of it will fit into your engine which will make more power. when trying to adjust for more air, your injectors will add in more fuel to try to keep the air fuel ratio correct. so what does all that mean with that "chip" tuner? basically what was said a few posts up, it tricks your computer into thinking that the air is colder so it will add more fuel. all it will do is burn more fuel and over a long period of time it will ruin your cats. or the other way it can go is tell your truck you are taking in hotter air than you are and that will use less fuel, but you will run too lean and that never works out good either. the way real tuners work is they reprogram the fuel mapping and ignition timing and the reason they are rather expensive is they are tested and tested and tested to be safe for the engines they are on. the original "chip" tuners were on ebay over 10 years ago and were basically just resistors that you plug into either your map sensor or IAT and the resistors were $.02 a piece if that from your local radio shack and the ebay scammers were selling them for 10 bux a piece and just mailing a resistor in an envelope with written instructions on how to install and promising 30hp and an extra 10mpg. all bogus.. hope this helps!

festerfm

Postby festerfm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:31 pm

chuck_d_54 wrote:Is this a waste of my money??? Seems too good to be true!

http://www.gfchips.com/nissanpathfinder.aspx

Add 30 HP and gain about 5mpg on avg for a $70 chip, seems fishy
if you read how to install it it says that it just wires into your intake air temp sensor. think of it like this. u'r truck wants to know the temperature of the air so it has an idea how to fine tune the amount of fuel that goes into the engine. cold air is more dense than hot so more of it will fit into your engine which will make more power. when trying to adjust for more air, your injectors will add in more fuel to try to keep the air fuel ratio correct. so what does all that mean with that "chip" tuner? basically what was said a few posts up, it tricks your computer into thinking that the air is colder so it will add more fuel. all it will do is burn more fuel and over a long period of time it will ruin your cats. or the other way it can go is tell your truck you are taking in hotter air than you are and that will use less fuel, but you will run too lean and that never works out good either. the way real tuners work is they reprogram the fuel mapping and ignition timing and the reason they are rather expensive is they are tested and tested and tested to be safe for the engines they are on. the original "chip" tuners were on ebay over 10 years ago and were basically just resistors that you plug into either your map sensor or IAT and the resistors were $.02 a piece if that from your local radio shack and the ebay scammers were selling them for 10 bux a piece and just mailing a resistor in an envelope with written instructions on how to install and promising 30hp and an extra 10mpg. all bogus.. hope this helps!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”