Mounting switches in the "push" compartment?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

bburnette252

Mounting switches in the "push" compartment?

Postby bburnette252 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:18 pm

First off, thanks for welcoming to this forum! Its awesome, lots of great info and people willing to help.

I have a 2007 Nissan pathfinder, and I am wanting to install a siren (Im an emergency responder), and move my light switches. I have an idea in mind, I just wanted to know if anyone has done or seen this done before.

Anyone have any type of switches, or controls mounted in this handy spot?

Pictures would be awesome!!!

[/img]ImageImageImageImage

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:18 pm

I have done a similar mod a few months back - http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ight=siren
I think that location is perfect for siren controller, assuming it fits. I think if you go with smaller Sho-Me controller unit it will fit great and will be very accessible in that location. Not sure about light controller though - you may not be able to cram everything in there. Post results when you're done.

bburnette252

Postby bburnette252 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:29 pm

slavabon wrote:I have done a similar mod a few months back - http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ight=siren
I think that location is perfect for siren controller, assuming it fits. I think if you go with smaller Sho-Me controller unit it will fit great and will be very accessible in that location. Not sure about light controller though - you may not be able to cram everything in there. Post results when you're done.
Man that's awesome! I actually just bought the same speaker. And I bought the SVP SS651 siren, which may be close in size to your switch head (not sure, it's not here yet)

Question?? How is that speaker holding up for you? I have read some not so good reviews on it and I'm worried. Did you make your own bracket? How about rust?

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:40 pm

I mounted a few switches in this area as well, but not in the compartment itself as I wanted to utilize the space for running wires, so I mounted switches to the lid:

I also added a winch switch in the blank slot in front of the shifter:

And here are my switches to run the winch and the cameras I have in front and underneath the pathfinder:

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:03 pm

bburnette252 wrote:
slavabon wrote:I have done a similar mod a few months back - http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ight=siren
Man that's awesome! I actually just bought the same speaker. And I bought the SVP SS651 siren, which may be close in size to your switch head (not sure, it's not here yet)

Question?? How is that speaker holding up for you? I have read some not so good reviews on it and I'm worried. Did you make your own bracket? How about rust?
No problems with the speaker - these are pretty stout units. You have to mount it up right, so all the water that's flying in on the highway can drain out through the opening on the bottom. I live in the salted area, lots of snow, etc. and the speaker is eating it all on the highway - it still works great.
I fabbed two brackets to mount it to radiator support using thick pieces of aluminum. It's heavy, so the brackets have to be sturdy.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:06 am

i might steal this for the exhaust cutout switches

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”